Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo Pro with dead battery

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
FaZt1
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I just purchased the 4 pack from Best Buy and have them all synced to the base and online.  The instructions state that the batteries come fully charged from the factory.  When I view each of the cameras in the Android app, all report they are at 0% charge.  When I view them with the browser (Chrome), it shows that they are all connected to AC power.  I did connect the charger to them and each of them turned their LED blue within a few minutes of being plugged in.  So what's the secret?  I've reset the base, removed/inserted battery into each camera, removed camera from base and re-synced it.  Behavior is the same regardless.  Does it just take time for the system to get a good read on battery levels?  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But what does the battery level indicator in Settings, My Devices, your camera show for the percentage?  Also, if the icon shows the charging indication, is the icon filled in with black or not?  Black means fully charged, white means not full.

It may be that you need to reset (NOT restart) the system and start fresh due to some weirdness. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button to add the base and sync the caameras. Verify that all firmware is up to date. Did that help?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Some batteries have have to be charged when new ( even tho supposed to be charged ).

It takes about 3 hrs to fully charge a battery.

The system itself tho as to bettery levels is very quick and does not need running time to get an accurate power level.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
FaZt1
Aspirant
Aspirant

The user guide says the camera LED turns blue when fully charged and mine turned blue within a few minutes of being connected to power.  So I assume they're charged, but the app/browser are displaying them incorrectly.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the browser show the battery charge?  If so, it would appear to be an issue with the app installation. Reinstall and restart the phone.  If you mean the browser also shows an issue, I would reset (NOT restart) the system and start fresh. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and then sync the cameras. Make sure all firmware is up to date. That should clear out whatever weirdness was present.

FaZt1
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's what is strange.  The app displays the battery at 0% and the browser shows that the cameras are connected to power (AC plug symbol).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But what does the battery level indicator in Settings, My Devices, your camera show for the percentage?  Also, if the icon shows the charging indication, is the icon filled in with black or not?  Black means fully charged, white means not full.

It may be that you need to reset (NOT restart) the system and start fresh due to some weirdness. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button to add the base and sync the caameras. Verify that all firmware is up to date. Did that help?

FaZt1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice.  

I removed all devices and performed a reset on the base.  The base needed a firmware update (didn't receive that notification when I set up the system initially).  Once the base was updated, I added the cameras and battery levels are being registered correctly.

Thanks again for the assist!