Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo Pro user & Account - verification email doesn't arrive!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
emmelpg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm a new user and have successfully installed my base station and two cameras (hardly difficult).  My profile continues to require verification of my email address.  However, even though I am clicking the appropriate spot for said email to be sent to me (and I get the message that an email has been sent) this email never arrives so confirmation of the email address is not happening.

Result: I'm up and running but with no feed-back communication - not good.

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the email address, check your email server in junk bin... ( who is the email provider ? )

Try a different email address if able in the alert area

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the email address, check your email server in junk bin... ( who is the email provider ? )

Try a different email address if able in the alert area

Morse is faster than texting!
simonpowell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having exactly the same problem with my new Arlo Basic setup.

There are no error messages. Using the correct email gives me (This is from my PC - I have also tried doing the confirmation from my Mobile)

"Send email confirmation to MYEMAIL?" - if I click Confirm, it says "Email sent".

If I CHANGE the email, as you suggested to NEWEMAIL, or even NEW EMAIL2, it continues to prompt:

"Send email confirmation to MYEMAIL?" - ie completely does not update at least the confirmation message.

'Sending' it anyway still results in me not receiving email in any account.

Any other suggestions?

emmelpg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Simon,

The reply I got from TomMac (above) fixed it.

i discovered, following his lead, that my email server was judging all Arlo mail as Junk and binning it.  I specified Arlo/Netgear as an acceptable correspondent and the problem went away.

Good luck,

Peter

simonpowell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Peter, but I seem to be having no luck there. I have changed my server block/safe list to allow NETGEAR.COM as an acceptable email, and I'm still getting nothing. Would it appear in my Spam/Trash folders if it was blocking them (because there's nothing in those either)?

Simon

emmelpg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear it didn't help, anything else, though, is beyond me as my fix was so "easy".

Best wishes,

Peter

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

simonpowell,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC