Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo App Questions

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lp20th
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just received the notification today 9/12 from Arlo regarding the new App required by 9/30.

I have the old App on an IPad and also on an iPhone.

I don’t see the new App in the Apple store, where can I get it?

Do I or should I be local to my base station and cameras before installing the App? I am over 100 miles away from the devices and don’t want to lose access to my cameras. I have had issues in the past where the internet glitches and I need to be there to reset everything.

Do I need to update both the iPhone and iPad  at the same time? If I do just one will the old App still work at least until 9/30 on the other device or will it become disabled once the new App gains access to my base Station?

Thanks..

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lp20th wrote:

I don’t see the new App in the Apple store, where can I get it?

It is in the app store, so try looking again.  It's published by Arlo Technologies (unlike the older one, which was published by Netgear).

@lp20th wrote:

Do I or should I be local to my base station and cameras before installing the App? I am over 100 miles away from the devices and don’t want to lose access to my cameras. I have had issues in the past where the internet glitches and I need to be there to reset everything.

You don't need to be co-located.  But there are some cases where users have run into trouble, and had to reset their base and then re-add cameras.  It's hard to estimate the odds on that happening to you (since people who have no problems generally aren't posting here).

Note if you just have an issue with the app, you can still use the web interface from a PC

@lp20th wrote:

Do I need to update both the iPhone and iPad  at the same time? 

No, and you probably shouldn't.  Start with one (perhaps the iPad), and give it a couple of days before doing the other.

Notifications aren't working with iOS 13 Beta, so if you run that you might want to revert to iOS 12.  Some users are reporting issues with notifications on other platforms (both iOS and Android), so make sure you are getting them before you cut over on both devices.

@lp20th wrote:

If I do just one will the old App still work at least until 9/30 on the other device or will it become disabled once the new App gains access to my base Station?

The new app won't prevent you from using the old one.

lp20th
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the info. I did see that App but it did not stand out to me as the new Arlo App.

I will proceed cautiously and perhaps wait until I am at the base station and camera location before trying the new app.