Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My brother, original administrator, added new camera but i can't add. Can still view other cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jimmysal
Aspirant
Aspirant

My brother, who is the original administrator, added another camera to the system. He is able to view the camera. I tried to add a new device from my phone app and it cannot find the hub. Yet, I can still view the other cameras so it appears I am connected to the hub. All lights are green in the hub. If my brother selects add device, the app immediately finds the hub. Has anyone been able to view cameras on their app but not be able to find the hub to add a new device?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As he did originally, he must use Settings, Grant Access to add the new camera to your account.

Jimmysal
Aspirant
Aspirant
We had already done that. The immediate problem is that my when trying to add a device, my phone app cannot find the hub. Meanwhile, he is setting next to me and when he tries adding a device, his phone app finds the hub immediately. I am able to see the other cameras on the phone so obviously I am connected to the hub, but can't "find it" at the same time.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As the person who was granted access, you can't set the system up on your account. You just get to see the cameras that are already shared with you.