Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My base station VMB3000 is offline.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rr6104
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station is offline.  I do have new wifi.  I've reset several times, finally removed the base station and am now unable to add back.  Three lights:  the power is solid green, internet flashing green, camera solid amber.  I've tried reaching out to Arlo with NO HELP.  

9 REPLIES 9
Dannybear
Master
Master

Have you tried adding the base station back using the arlo web portal app on a pc browser connected to the local network?

rr6104
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried via phone & pc.  I'm so frustrated.  Everything worked until we received a new modem & router from our cable company.  I tried resetting several times and eventually removed the base station with the intention of adding it back but am unable to.  I tried a new ethernet cable, and also plugged electrical cord directly into the wall.  First light solid green, second blinking green, third solid amber.  Cable company says to contact Netgear, Netgear says to contact Arlo.  And Arlo won't even talk to you without a paid subscription

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rr6104 wrote:

Cable company says to contact Netgear, Netgear says to contact Arlo.  And Arlo won't even talk to you without a paid subscription

Netgear divested Arlo in 2018, so there is no point in contacting Netgear.

@rr6104 wrote:

First light solid green, second blinking green, third solid amber. 

That suggests that the base is connecting to the cloud, but has no cameras.

Are you seeing it as "offline" in both the app and the browser?

rr6104
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the Netgear Base Station so now  it's not showing up on my devices at all.  Guessing since I removed the Base Station is why my cameras have been removed as well.  I know I didn't delete them, but they are gone as well.  I log in to my blank account as I have no devices and am unable to add the Base Station as a new device. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rr6104 wrote:

Guessing since I removed the Base Station is why my cameras have been removed as well.

Correct.

@rr6104 wrote:

I log in to my blank account as I have no devices and am unable to add the Base Station as a new device. 

Have you tried using a paper-clip to reset the base?  Also, if you can't on-board using the app, then try using a PC (browse to my.arlo.com).

rr6104
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have reset with a paperclip (several times). 

I have used the app on my phone to add new devices. 

I have used the pc to log in and add new devices. ☹️

I feel it is because the second light is flashing green (it should be solid green).  If I can't add the Arlo Base Station, I can't add the cameras.  

Dannybear
Master
Master

If the internet led is blinking green it means that the base is communicating with the arlo server. Normally it is constant green when no data transfer is occurring.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean 

Refer below how to perform the base factory reset.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station 

Fredbuck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same exact problem  new wifi new router  followed all the in line instruction  17 times  reset 6 times  no results  

should I just buy  a different system 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fredbuck wrote:

Same exact problem  new wifi new router  followed all the in line instruction  17 times  reset 6 times  no results  

Did you remove the base from your account when you did the reset?