Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Arlo pro is not picking up people movement thru my window

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
newoctober1013
Follower
Follower

I have 2 issues:

1) my cameras are not picking up people movement 

2) my cameras are not working after dark

Background: I live in a condo with association rules that prevent me from mounting the cameras on the outside of my building. I have placed 2 arlo pro cameras on the interior of my windows looking out.

Issue 1) I have tried multiple times to get these 2 cameras to record movement.

For example I went to the exterior of the window and placed my hand in fornt of the camera.  No action was reorded.

Yet when I view the log into my arlo account and go under devices I can select live and view what is occuring outside.

Issue 2) The same 2 cameras positioned on the inside looking out: I see total darkness and the cameras are not picking up any movement . Conducted the same test: I went to the exterior of the window and placed my hand in front of the camera.  No action was recorded.

Any help will be grately appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo and Arlo PRO both, DO NOT detect motion thru glass...the sensor picks up IR which the glass blocks.

They should be outside.

The Arlo Q will work thru glass as it uses a different form of detection ( pixels based change )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo and Arlo PRO both, DO NOT detect motion thru glass...the sensor picks up IR which the glass blocks.

They should be outside.

The Arlo Q will work thru glass as it uses a different form of detection ( pixels based change )

Morse is faster than texting!