Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Arlo VMB3500 base station cannot be detected

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jennf2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station cannot be detected.  The power light and internet lights are green the camera one is amber (no cameras connected because base station not detected).  I have gone through all of the steps in the support.  I have done a factory reset and restarted everything multiple times.  I follow the steps on the app plug in ethernet cable then power cable then connect.  I have tried on my iPhone, mac, and pc.  Nothing is working.  I have even deleted and redownloaded the app.  Please help!

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jennf2017 wrote:

My base station cannot be detected.  The power light and internet lights are green the camera one is amber (no cameras connected because base station not detected). 

Is the base showing up in your account (but off line)? 

Was this base in your account before?  Or is it a new (more likely pre-owned) base that you are trying to add?

Jennf2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is pre-owned base I believe.  

Jennf2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

No it does not show up in my account. I get the message base station could not be detected.

Jennf2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry about so many replies.  I have actually tried two different base stations.  One was on my account before.  We had to get new routers due to lightening.  The originial one that was on our account before could not be detected so we thought it was junk too.  We ordered the new one (new to us so yes preowned) and it is doing the same thing.  The power and internet lights are green yet it cannot be detected.  It just spins looking for it and then says could not be detected.  I have tried factory resetting them. (holding the reset button in for 10 seconds and for 30 seconds.) nothing has worked.  I have tried all new cables that hasn't worked either.  I have also deleted the app.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jennf2017 wrote:

I have actually tried two different base stations.  One was on my account before.  We had to get new routers due to lightening.  The originial one that was on our account before could not be detected so we thought it was junk too.  We ordered the new one (new to us so yes preowned) and it is doing the same thing.  The power and internet lights are green yet it cannot be detected.  It just spins looking for it and then says could not be detected.  I have tried factory resetting them. (holding the reset button in for 10 seconds and for 30 seconds.) nothing has worked.  I have tried all new cables that hasn't worked either.  I have also deleted the app.

Have you tried onboarding the base(s) from a PC browser (my.arlo.com)?

Jennf2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes. That didn't work either

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jennf2017 wrote:

yes. That didn't work either

If the PC was connected with wifi, then maybe connect it via ethernet if you can, and try that again.

What router(s) are you using?

Jennf2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

D-Link. model DIR-1750

plugging ethernet into PC did not work

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jennf2017 wrote:

D-Link. model DIR-1750

Ok.  I am wondering if the previous owner of the newly acquired base might have left it in their account.  With some equipment that will prevent onboarding to a different account - I'm not sure if that's the case wiht the VMB3500 or not.

Is the original base also showing "green" status on the internet connection?

You used the plural (routers) earlier.  Do you have more than one DIR-1750?  Also, are you using the "guest zone" feature of the router?