Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multiple Base Stations On Same Network

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
robnorthen
Follower
Follower

I live in a big house with thick walls. I use powerline adaptors to provide internet to parts of the house that the WiFi cannot reach. I would like to have cameras cover all areas of the house and plan to connect a base station into the ethernet port of one of the powerline adaptors. My question is can I have two base stations connected to two powerline adaptors in different parts of the house?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.  Just make sure your throughput for the PLAs is adequate, especially if they're different brands/models.

I have Arlo cameras and bases set up directly on my router, on a switch, on a powerline adapter and a WiFi extender.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.  Just make sure your throughput for the PLAs is adequate, especially if they're different brands/models.

I have Arlo cameras and bases set up directly on my router, on a switch, on a powerline adapter and a WiFi extender.

GearNetRouter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What about different locations i.e. at two different buildings across the city but using the same account? Would it be possible? 

DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

Two different buildings in different parts of town are probably not on the same network but you can add more than 1 base station to one user account.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The number of bases and their locations have no effect on the various subscriptions.  The total number of cameras added to one account does - as long as you keep themto 5 or less, you're fine for the free plan.  If you need more, use a second email address to create a second account and put one system on that new account.  Then use Grant Access from the second account to the first so you can view and (mostly) manipulate both systems from one login.