Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multiple Arlo Pro low battery notifications

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Macanawmac
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the Arlo Pro system with 5 cameras for about 6 months and no real problems to speak of until today.  Email indicated that one of the cameras was at 15% battery level.  I plugged the camera into the charger and approximately 5 minutes later, started getting emails that the camera had 0% of juice left and the emails continued in that I received 300 emails in the next 15 minutes until I was able to get in to the Arlo site to take the camera "Off Line".  Looking at the camera, it was blinking red so I disconnected and reconnected to the charger and it is now blinking orange.  I did a quick search on this site and was not able to find a similar issue so excuse me if this is a redundant issue that I could not find.

4 REPLIES 4
sgeen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am currently experiencing the same issue.  Got email notification that camera was at 15% so I decided to charge it up and withing minutes I started getting spammed with iPhone push notifications and email notifications that I have 0% of juice left.  I unplugged the camera and took it offline however whenever I plug it back in to try and charge it triggers the same chaos of notifications.  

Base Station:
HW VersionVMB4000r3
Firmware1.10.0.4_20963

Arlo Pro Cameras:
HW VersionH11
Firmware1.092.0.13_19715

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
sgeen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is the contents of the email that I keep getting over and over again once I plug the camera in using the supplied charger.  This has to be some sort of bug. Turning off the camera and setting the mode to disabled didn't do anything and still triggered the spam attack:)  I reset the base for grins as well.   I was finally able to stop the notifications by removing the app and removing the camera completely from the devices however this isn't a good solution.  I currently am charging the camera and plan on addinig it back in once charging is complete..(hopefully the blue light will turn on once it is complete)

Uh-Oh Shawn!

Your Arlo Cam2 is running low on battery. You’ve still got about 0% of juice left, but in order to maintain uninterrupted peace of mind, we recommend charging up the device as soon as you can.

In the meantime, thanks for being a member of the Arlo family!

The Arlo Team

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried power cycling the base? That may help.

Macanawmac
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, I finally had some time to troubleshoot this problem.  What I found was a bad battery, not that it wasn't holding a charge but that it was not able to inform the camera of its charge capacity when plugged into the charger.  When the camera was was taken "off-line" and plugged into the charger, it appears that the battery was charging but not indicating to the camera its status.  When the camera was "on-line" and plugged into the charger, battery status was indicated as being 0% charged and the bombardment of emails continued until the battery was removed from the camera or the camera taken "off-line".  I tried this battery in different cameras and the results were the same.  Now that the battery has some charge and the camera not plugged into the charger, everything works fine and the percentage charge is also indicated on the camera status.  The final fix would be to get this battery replaced but now that I know what's going on, I can still make it work.  By the way, I tried resetting the base station but it had no affect on this problem.  Hopefully, this will help others that are observing this problem to the same conclusion.