Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MB77arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've seen a few answers for this that say create 2/3 modes but the fact you can't overlap I think means I can't get a way to do what I want which must be common and obvious.

I generally set all cameras to operate at night 11 - 6AM but I want to do an away mode that changes things.

i have 3 outside cameras and one indoor. 

Ideally I would want to do following

Camera A - 11PM to 6AM send emails

Camera B same as above

Camera C - 24/7 alert via email or message

Camera D (inside) 24/7 and activate siren upon movement and alert me. If somebody is in the house I want siren but if any external cameras are activated I don't need a siren or for them to be 24/7 as far too many alerts with postmen, deliveries and passing neighbours etc etc

I don't think this can be done. Even if I could have the basic of:

external camera 11PM - 6AM alert me no siren

internal camera - siren and alerts 24/7 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MB77arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Actually hang on
Looking at the set armed one you can add a rule for EACH camera
That's what I need then 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't overlap modes but you an certainly creat custom modes that handle each possible situation and then schedule them appropriately. And then theres the Geofencing capabiltity that lets you choose a mode or the schedule for home and a different mode or the schedule for away.  You can't have two schedules so choose which GF setting (Away or Home) will use the schedule, if that's appropriate.

MB77arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
So this is what I'm saying
I can't have a mode that has the siren just for the inside camera and non siren for outside.
Ideally want inside on 24/7 and outside just late hours ? That's the bit you say can't be done as it's overlapping modes ?
MB77arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Actually hang on
Looking at the set armed one you can add a rule for EACH camera
That's what I need then 🙂
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Exactly.  It's all in the modes and rules.