Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
VirgLS
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras still records motion, but I stopped getting sound and vibration notifications. I have notifications turned on, but the sound icon remains greyed out. I have made no changes so perhaps it has to do with the upgrade? I have what is now called "no subscription." I have the latest firmware and the latest update for the app

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes permissions you think are unnecessary are actually needed. The phone permission seems to be the one that some folks have issues with but that one seems to be needed. I think I remember someone saying that enabling that allowed notifications and when disabled again the notifications continued. Testing would be needed but summarily dismissing the need for permissions to be granted can cause issues.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the phone and maybe reinstall the app.

VirgLS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Those did not work. Man Sad I do have a new phone, but that should not make a difference.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you made sure all permissions are allowed in the phone settings for the app?

VirgLS
Aspirant
Aspirant

All the notifications are on. Permission to access my contacts, camera, and a couple of other things were denied. There is no reason to access those.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes permissions you think are unnecessary are actually needed. The phone permission seems to be the one that some folks have issues with but that one seems to be needed. I think I remember someone saying that enabling that allowed notifications and when disabled again the notifications continued. Testing would be needed but summarily dismissing the need for permissions to be granted can cause issues.

VirgLS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Smiley Happy That did it. Heart

I enabled the phone.  It worked. then I turned off the phone permission and so far it is still working.

Thanks.