Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
GHYF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,

Did something change recently to the Arlo system to where I can no longer detect motion on my Arlo setup?

I can not find any settings to re-enable motion detection recording?

I record video local via USB external

Any advice helps

BASE: VMB4000

3x: VMC4030

1x VMC4030P

arlo.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

To start with try power cycling the base station.

Confirm that you have a working armed mode selected for the base station in the app, it should have four rules, one each camera.

If no go, remove the camera battery and external power for 10sec to reset the camera.

Check if the motion sensor test works correctly on each camera.

Last action would be to remove all cameras and Base from the account, factory reset the base and add them back again as if new.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

To start with try power cycling the base station.

Confirm that you have a working armed mode selected for the base station in the app, it should have four rules, one each camera.

If no go, remove the camera battery and external power for 10sec to reset the camera.

Check if the motion sensor test works correctly on each camera.

Last action would be to remove all cameras and Base from the account, factory reset the base and add them back again as if new.

GHYF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!

I'll give it a look!

Appreciate it

Dang3670
Aspirant
Aspirant

Would this work for the doorbell camera too??? First my doorbell cam stopped sensing motion, and then it was the camera on the same side of the house! I thought there were shenanigans, but your fix for the camera seems more plausible!