Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion and audio sensitivity and detection issues

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kevinreid88
Tutor
Tutor

Within the last month I have started havings issue with two of my pro cams, one keeps going offline and the other keep sending false motion and audio alerts, they both did work fine for 2 to 3 weeks or so before the issue started, I have tried to check for manual fireware updates but following the directions from arlos web site there is no update for any of my cameras nor for the pro base station. also I can't find any info about audio settings, concerning what setting takes a louder sound to set alert of I have to assume 5 would take a louder sound to set off vs 1, very confusing. that one camera is repeatly sending alert, sometimes even if I when I turn off sound and put motion detection all the way down to 1, it seems to help it if I disable alerts for a few hours but then it starts again with in hours to days. The camera that is losing connection is much closer then the camera sending false and freqant alerts. Also having issues using web system I login fine but doesn't show my devices etc. using a mix of arlo pro and regular arlo wire free camera with arlo pro base VMB4000r3 

5 REPLIES 5
Dreamwood
Initiate
Initiate
Sorry can't help. Sounds like multi issues. Have one similar issue. I get motion detected by one camera every single minute with no motion so maybe 50 notices an hour? Hope we can find help.
kevinreid88
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, i getting the same kinda issues with one cam motion and or audio alerts one after another, the only fix seems to be disable the whole system for multiple hours, but it starts it again after being armed again for a few hours, the other issue with audio alerts is IDK which way to set it so it does go off with lower noises, I'm totally guessing 5 takes a loud noise to trip the audio detection vs 1 taking only a little noise to trip the audio detection...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're getting false alerts (motion and audio) consider reducing the motion/audio detection sensitivity within the rules for the desired camera.

For more information on how to do this, see here:

How do I change the audio sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo cameras?

JamesC

kevinreid88
Tutor
Tutor
James I don't think you read the op, I took it down to one and was still getting constant alerts
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kevinreid88,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC