Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi everyone. I have an Arlo Pro system for many years with 2 cameras (on current firmware) and the Arlo iOS app (current version) on an iPhone 8 and iPad 5.

I’ve recently noticed that if I go into “Mode” and set the cameras to “Disarmed” on the iOS app for a few minutes (say if I’m cutting the grass)... and then switch it back to “Armed” and walk in front of one (or sometimes both) of the cameras...I’ll receive push notifications regarding motion but the motion doesn’t record to the cloud library. I’m not quite sure when this started but it didn’t always do this. Leaving the mode on “Armed” and popping the battery out of the camera and resyncing with the base station appears to fix but this is an annoyance if I now have to climb and get the cameras every time I have to toggle between Disarmed/Armed. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arpr1 wrote:

I’ve recently noticed that if I go into “Mode” and set the cameras to “Disarmed” on the iOS app for a few minutes (say if I’m cutting the grass)... and then switch it back to “Armed” and walk in front of one (or sometimes both) of the cameras...I’ll receive push notifications regarding motion but the motion doesn’t record to the cloud library. 

If your base supports a USB thumb drive, I suggest connecting one and enabling backup local storage.  Then when the problem happens again, check to see if the missed recordings are being stored on the thumb drive or not.

arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@StephenB No videos there either. The push notifications (and emails) come through but no video is recorded.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arpr1 wrote:

@StephenB No videos there either. The push notifications (and emails) come through but no video is recorded.

I suggest contacting support then.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx