Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection range extender

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Erock901
Tutor
Tutor

Hi All,

I just installed the 4 camera Arlo Pro bundle.  Set up was quick and easy and I really like how I can place or move the cameras without worrying about wiring.  The only thing I have concerns about is the range of the motion detection.  I know the subject of motion detection has been discussed at great length.  But I'm wondering if Arlo has ever talked about offering some kind of range extender.  I'm talking about a separate module that you could place somewhere else in the field of view for a particular camera.  Has anyone heard of anything like that?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No. The current strategy is to use two cameras with rules so that motion on one camera will cause recording on the other. Not the most elegant or cheapest method bit it works.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As of this time , no....the only way is to central locate the base and/ or use a second one to increase range.

Tho that should be put into the wish list area as Netgear does work on the most popular options there

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Erock901
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the replies. 

Now my plan is to use an original Arlo wire free camera as a motion detection trigger only.  So my complete system will eventually be comprised of 5 Arlo Pro + 1 Arlo.  But I'll only want the 5 Arlo Pro's recording to the cloud.  Does anyone know if that can be done without having to pay a monthly fee since I'll have more than 5 cameras?  I'd like to avoid having to pay a monthly fee just because I'm using 1 camera as a motion detection trigger only.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No. It's a hard and fast rule.