Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
JJtheNovice
Tutor
Tutor

Just purchased the Arlo Pro (3 cameras plus base station) from Costco.  I can't figure out how to have 2 cameras armed (record when motion detected) while 3 third camera remains off (standby)?  It seems that when I add a new mode I can only associate one camera to the mode and it doesn't appear to allow running 2 modes or multiple modes at a time. Am I missing something?

One other question:  I have a SSD 150 gig connected to USB1 and properly formatted and working.  What happens if I connect another drive to the second USB?  Does the camera recording goto USB1 until full and then goto USB2?

Thanks for any help, I'm a newbee. 

NOTE: This was also posted in the Arlo Go section by mistake, I'll try and delete the other if alowed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... you can ONLY have one mode running at a time.

Any camera NOT in the active mode is OFF

As to creating a new/custom mode, After you create the new Mode and save it, GO BACK and EDIT that mode to add a second or third camera...

Only One USB will record at a time I do believe if you have both setup it will switch when one is full ( but Not 100% sure on that ) You prob will not need more than what you have, I run a 32gb spped stick and its been going for months... you can also set up to delete oldest files

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As to creating a new/custom mode, After you create the new Mode and save it, GO BACK and EDIT that mode to add a second or third camera...

Only One USB will record at a time I do believe if you have both setup it will switch when one is full ( but Not 100% sure on that ) You prob will not need more than what you have, I run a 32gb spped stick and its been going for months... you can also set up to delete oldest files

Morse is faster than texting!
JJtheNovice
Tutor
Tutor

TomMac wrote:

Thanks for the help, that worked.  I should have figured it out myself. I got tunnel vision.  It's embarissing because I'm a retired programmer, systems analyst, database administrator ect. I'm getting too old for this stuff I guess;-)  Again thank you for your help.