Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
rebelsgirl
Guide
Guide
We just bought arlo pro. I am able to hear outside noises where the cameras are placed but there is nowhere on the arlo app to be able to push to talk. Can someone please guide me to where I can find the answer. Or if you have an answer I'd appreciate it.
I've read about people not being able to use different browsers to be able to use push to talk. But mine opens in an app and not in a browser. Perhaps I'm doing this wrong?
Tia,
Kimberly
Arlo pro
Using arlo app for Android
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On Android, once you are viewing live, touch the MIC at the bottom row of screen... A pop up will appear with the button to push.

As to browsers... On iOS/android use the app, On PCs use the browser as there is no app.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use either the app or browser and use live view to see what's going on.  There's a mic icon at the bottom of that view to activate the outgoing audio.  Once you click on that, it opens a dialog box with a push to talk button.  Press it while speaking, release it to stop. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On Android, once you are viewing live, touch the MIC at the bottom row of screen... A pop up will appear with the button to push.

As to browsers... On iOS/android use the app, On PCs use the browser as there is no app.

Morse is faster than texting!
dragonah
Initiate
Initiate

There is NOT a mic button below the live feed any more.  I have Pause, Record, Camera (take a pic), Brightness, Speaker on/off, and the expand button.  Where did the mic button go?  I've used it before!

dragonah
Initiate
Initiate

PS Arlo Pro's (7 cameras) and the iOS app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dragonah,

Engineering is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Leonbze
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this issue as well and I'm running version 2.4.2 on IOS 10.3.2 (14F89). I have Pause, Record, Camera, Lighting, Speaker and Fullscreen. No mic button anymore.

Super000
Tutor
Tutor
Me too WHERE THE HELL IS MY MIC ICON !!!!!! I'm about to take these back. It was there when I first set them up yesterday WTH.

FIX IT!!!!!
mapnfl
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, any updates on this? I just purchased Arlo Pro yesterday and the mic function was working properly up until this morning, now I dont have the icon or the ability to use this feature.

Iseeyou123
Tutor
Tutor
Same thing happened to me - The speaker component was slow & week the day I got it running & the next day the microphone icon was gone completely ????
Iseeyou123
Tutor
Tutor
I want real customer service with a real person , this fouram is cute but ineffectual
seanJ44
Star
Star
James please advise. I count on this Mic on A daily basis
Gronkers07
Aspirant
Aspirant
Brought arlo pro today and have no mic button on live screen... also does anyone know how to activate the siren function?
Super000
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Gronkets07,

Click on modes, choose the mode your on, click the device you want to turn the siren on for. Then you can edit the length of the siren alarm when it goes off and the loudness.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is only impacting the iOS app. The microphone feature is still available when using Android or the web client. Engineering is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Super000
Tutor
Tutor
Update please.
Super000
Tutor
Tutor
Seriously Update please. If no resolve then I want the difference in cost from the regular set of four vs the pro. The only real difference is the push to talk feature which is what solidified the deal.

I'm honestly stumped in how hard it is for you guys to figure this out. Your team obviously deployed new code out recently that took it away. Sooooo if you have ANY kind of change control processes every new change should be documented. Find it , reverse it.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has deployed a fix that should resolve this issue. Users may need to log out and log back in to their iOS app before they will see fix.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues with the microphone icon when live streaming using the Arlo iOS mobile app.

JamesC

Super000
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you. I can confirm that the icon shows up. However I will need to test actual functionality when I return home later today.
Super000
Tutor
Tutor

I have verified that full functionality is back along with the Mic Icon.

Thanks guys!

Super000
Tutor
Tutor

Ok so I need to know one other thing about the Mic feature....I know when sharing with a guest, they only get "some" features.  Do they get the Mic feature without granting them Full Admin Access?

This is all I could find and it does not mention Mic access

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-privileges-do-my-friends-have-when-I-grant...

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy
Try uninstall App and re-install
R32Salazar
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had to uninstall and re-install for the fix to take.
Chasera
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here's the solution that worked for me using iPhone and IOS where no mic icon was visable in "live" screen. Delete application on iPhone then download and log in again. Go to live and mic appears!
Greenalux
Aspirant
Aspirant
The microphones in a live mode has been disapeared from all my cameras using iphone 6s with latest iOS. I ca not longer talk back to my cameras, what is the fix?