Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mode not updating on other devices

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
gfilosofo
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I update the mode, from disarmed to armed as an example, my partner's mobile still shows the old mode (disarmed in this example). The only way for her to show the current (and correct, I guess?) mode is to log out and then back on, which is far from being ideal. The same goes if she is the one performing the update, my phone (I am the admin) won't show that, unless i log out. Is there a fix for this? 

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Which OS?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect it's because that's not refreshed dynamically like the library is. Closing and opening the app is one way to handle this - what about changing tabs, etc.?  Sounds like that doesn't work but...

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
same issue on ios it hang randomly
gfilosofo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Android 6 on both devices. Thanks

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
netgear need put a refresh button im getting tired open and closing the app
gfilosofo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, yes the problem is just that: no dynamic refresh. Tabbing away does not work either. Opening and closing the app is not practical, considering also that for geo-fencing to work you'd need the app running in background. What is even worse is that now you cannot rely on what you see on the app (did someone else change mode and am I looking at stale data??).

Very frustrating, do I need to raise this with support?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes..put in a trouble ticket with Support... they can't fix what they don't know.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have tested this and was not able to replicate this issue. When a mode is changed on the primary account there is a slight delay (a second or two) but this change should also be reflected on the shared account.

If you are having trouble with this, as suggested above, open a case with support to further investigate.

JamesC

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
we need a refreh button on the app
gfilosofo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I opened a ticket with support, they advised to reinstall the app on both phones, which has almost sort the issue. On occasion we still have the issue when switching from disarmed to armed (only this combination seems to be affected). 

On occasion we also see the error message "account not found for pub/sub request", do you happen to know if this is related to the Arlo app, and if so, to this specif issue?

Thank you.

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
it needed a refresh button refresh all the contant i dont open and close the app