Mode and Devices Blank

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Nukem22
Aspirant
Aspirant
The Mode and Devices screen often comes up blank. When I get a motion notification, the screens are blank. Sometimes they will connect after several minutes and sometimes they don't. I'm really getting sick of this.
Screenshot_20171016-104739.png
8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can't see clearly but do you have data on? Does it happen if you're connected to wifi?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a browser?  If that works ok, it's something about your phone and/or app installation.  Have you restarted your phone and reinstalled the app? If so, is there a difference between when you're on WiFi vs. cell service?

Nukem22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, data is on. It happens intermittently, whether WiFi or 4G. It may be the app. I updated the app a few days ago.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nukem22,

What model device are you using? What OS version is it on?

JamesC

Nukem22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Samsung Galaxy S8 using Android 7.0
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nukem22,

Consider reinstalling the Arlo Mobile app. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Nukem22
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'll try to reinstall. It still will only show Mode and Devices about 1 in 5 times I use the app, nut the Library is there every time.
Also, is there a way to go back to the Library after viewing a video? It always goes back to Mode, which means reloading all of the Library thumbnails.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nukem22,

After viewing a clip in the library, you tapping back will return you to the library, not modes.

Have you tried rebooting your mobile device? I've not been able to replicate any issues with Android and loading the Modes screen.

JamesC