Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mobile app shows cameras offline

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AnchorUp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

We have an Arlo Pro, Arlo Base Station, an Arlo Baby, and 100mbs internet. The Arlo products are about 4 days old. We monitor the babys room live through the Arlo Baby using the Android Arlo app on a tablet. I have also had the same issues through the browser/site on my PC and my wife's iPhone. The issues I'm having are:

• Both cameras go offline about once an hour at the same time.
    • Closing/Reopening the app is the only resolve for this.
  • Arlo Baby will say it's offline and batteries need charged (it's plugged in btw)
    • Closing/Reopening the app is the only resolve for this and the battery says 100%
    • This is obviously a huge pain since we're using this to monitor a baby. 
  • All 3 base station lights are lit and green during these episodes

Since the Arlo Baby doesn't run through the base station I'm assuming it's something else. I'd say internet or router but there is never a disruption of service for anything else. We don't have cable television so we are typically streaming from the Roku, playing on our phones, kid is on the tablet, ect. We have 100mbs interent and consistantly hit 115mb down speeds. What can I check/do/ect?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AnchorUp,

This sounds like a display issue rather than a connectivity issue if the LED behavior indicates the cameras are still online.

Some users have experienced issues like this on their mobile devices due to battery optimization settings putting the app to sleep after a period of idle time. Check your battery optimization settings and allow the Arlo mobile app as an exception and see if you still see the same behavior.

JamesC

AnchorUp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please take note I stated it also happened using the browser/site on my pc. To answer your question though, no, my tablet is set to never sleep and it was plugged in. I will monitor the cameras on my secondary display and utilize the first for coding or photo editing so nothing is sleeping on pc either.