Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Missing video recording

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CV835
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last night friends were able to watch video using the app of events happening on our property as it was happening. One camera was being held by hand to keep the subject in frame while moving around. People watched everything live on the app for over 30 mins but today there is no video from that time for that camera saved in my library. We just bought the set up of 2 wireless cameras with the base station, using the basic service. I understand that it will delete old videos after 7 days but we haven't got to 7 days yet. Video was recorded by the second camera during that time and saved to the library. Is there some way to recover the missing video?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The issue here sound like you were watching the Live video but NOT recording.

These systems are designed as " motion detect then record "..... If you ARM the cameras to record on motion, they will if motion is detected.

But IF you do a LIVE view of  the camera, that over rides the Armed setting and unless you started  a manual record during the live view there is no recorded video

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
CV835
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe the camera should have started recording with motion whether it was handheld or attached to it's mount on the wall. The other camera recorded just like it was supposed to when moevement happened in its range. When the same action happened in front of this camera nothing was recorded, it would seem.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The way the camera is, IF you start a LIVE VIEW manually the camera will not record as you are over-riding the ARMED command,

If you want a recording while a LIVE VIEW, then you MUST also manually start a record session ( the target icon )

The camera was not armed to record as to view for 30 mins it was in LIVE VIEW mode

Morse is faster than texting!