Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Micorsoft Edge on Android having an issue rendering the recorded videos via email thumbnails?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Grover517
Star
Star

For the past couple of days, I can no longer play videos in Microsoft Edge for Android that are loaded by clicking on the thumbnail in an email notification.  The webpage loads and the video play window appears with a frame preloaded, but the pause/play button is missing in the lower left corner now.

I have never had luck in getting any recorded Arlo videos open and auto play when clicking on the thumbnail in a notification email and have always had to tap the pause/play button to jumpstart them, regardless of the browser I use on my Android devices.   And up until the past couple of days, it has always worked with MS Edge for Android but doesn't any longer.  If I change my default browser on my Note 8 to Google Chrome, the buttons appear as they always have.

So from my limited troubleshooting, it appears there may be an issue with Microsoft Edge on Android being able to correctly render the recorded videos, at least when opened via an email notification thumbnail.  According to Google Play Store, MS Edge hasn't been updated since Jul 13th, 2018 so a recent update to the browser doesn't appear to be the issue.  Wondering if Netgear changed some code in the video rendering?  Anyone else seing this or can recreate this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Grover517,

I don't believe anything has changed on the Arlo side for this in quite some time. If you're able to get this to work with the Chrome browser, it sounds like it's a specific setting or feature within the Edge browser that is causing an issue. You could try reinstalling the Edge browser and see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Grover517
Star
Star

JamesC,

Thanks for the response.   Yeah, I thought that a little odd that both Edge and Arlo for Android had not had any updates in over a month.  So I did a little more investigating after posting and although the play/pause as well as the zoom magnification glass icons didn't display properly, if you tapped in the areas they are supposed to be, things still worked.  I have to wonder if this issue was also somehow related to the recent outage because once the outage was over, Edge is again rendering the videos properly via the email thumbnails.

Thanks again!