Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lost Notifications on iPhone 6 IOS 10.3

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JimShoe
Tutor
Tutor

Stopped recieving notifications on 2 IOS 10.3 Iphones.  Still recieving emails.  Spent 3 hours with phone support resetting everything--Phones, Base station and camera.  Deleted and reloaded app.  triple checked phone and app settings.  Have started a case but have not heard back.  I like the ease of use of the camera but not having notifications is a problem and is key to its usefulness.

Who else is having this problem after verifing everything?  Were you able to resolve it?

Appreciate the help!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimShoe
Tutor
Tutor

Ok Thanks--I will give it a try

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
msaniac
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also started running into this. I recently updated to iOS 11 and am seeing the same issue as you. Also reset everything. I had signed up for a trial of Arlo smart which I think expired and I did not renew it so wonder if it has something to do with that. I may mess with that later in the day.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've tested this and did not experience any issues receiving push notifications. Are you still experiencing this issue?

JamesC

JimShoe
Tutor
Tutor

No Resolution on 2 phones Iphone 6 and 5 both runninf 10.3.3 ----waiting for elevated support response---nothing so far.  

Online Comment 9/28/2017 8:34 PM

I have a pro with a solar panel attached and was receiving notifications on my Iphone 6--ios ver10.3.3. Notifications stopped working 2 weeks ago. I was on the phone with tech support Tuesday night for about 3 hours trying to get notifications to work. We did it all---checked settings-- re boot everything--reload app, reset base to factory settings and had tech support logged into the camera and they could not get notifications on their ipad. So with all of that it was decided that you would be elevating this to the next level of support and i would be notified in 24 hours of progress. Please advise where this is at. I do receive emails--but I want notifications.--

Thanks

Myanez0805
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any luck? I’ve had this since “Arlo Smart” expired....which was beginning of September. I’ve reached out to support same thing, I’ve tried every option nothing works. Starting to get annoyed since entire point is to be notified via push notifications. Recently wrote back to support and no answer yet after 1-1/2 weeks
JimShoe
Tutor
Tutor

Nope---still does not work.  Agreed it is worthless without notifications.  For what its worth Ring is coming out with a wireless version. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure it will work but it may be worth resetting everything and start fresh.  If still the same problem, resetting and creating a new account might be useful.

@JamesC?

JimShoe
Tutor
Tutor

I have reset everything twice no change.  Customer sevice logged into my account added the selves and were unable to recv notifications.   Maybe it is best to replace the base and camera with latest versions and start over.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic for further investigation. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Myanez0805
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey guys. Had to create a new account of a different email that wasn’t associated with my original account and started from scratch. I’m now receiving alerts and my wife had to crest a new email account so I could add her to the access rights. Unfortunately there was no solution after Arlo Smart messed up my push notifications. Thanks for your help
JimShoe
Tutor
Tutor

Interesting

Are you getting "push notifications" as well as email?

Myanez0805
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now I am, after I created a new account and set up the camera all over again. You just can’t associate your old email with any of the new account info.
JimShoe
Tutor
Tutor

I will give this a try---

What was the process you used to remove your orginal account and registration information and recreate a new account? 

Thanks for your help.

Myanez0805
Aspirant
Aspirant
So first get onto your app and logout. Then, not sure if necessary but I did a reset on my base station by pushing the red button for 10 seconds. Get back on the app and instead of entering your info click on “new to arlo”. Then proceed and enter your info but use an email that you hadn’t used with your original account. Easiest way is just to make a free gmail account that you’ll only use for this Arlo. Then proceed with linking your base station and Camera via the instructions. You’re good to go. You’ll have to redo any personalized settings you had before. Now if you have another person that you give access to they’ll have to do the same and use a different email to access this “new” account.
JimShoe
Tutor
Tutor

Ok Thanks--I will give it a try

JimShoe
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks---That did the trick---all is workinmg just fine now