Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Login Error on new iPhone 13 pro

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Shaminda
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I’ve just upgraded my iPhone and now unable to login to my account via the app.

"An unexpected error occurred. Please try again."

Keeps getting the above error. Tried deleting and reinstalling the app as well as airplane mode on-off method as suggested on a previous post as well.

Note that, I successfully get the 2FA sms as well. Getting the same error with email 2FA too.

Please help as i am unable to login

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shaminda
Tutor
Tutor

FINALLY!! Got the app to work!

For future reference.

Arlo App somehow authenticates user IP/Location. I am located in Sri Lanka and my local phone number was receiving the verification code fine. However it looks like the App doesn't like the fact that I am based outside USA. !!!

All I had to do was login via a VPN.. 🙂 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo mobile app are you running on your iPhone?

Which version of iOS is installed on your phone? Can you download the latest version iOS 15.1 and try again.

Shaminda
Tutor
Tutor
Running the latest version of the app. I even deleted and re-installed the app from the App store.

Also my iPhone 13 pro is running the latest iOS 15.1.

Anything else I can try? Thanks a lot in helping me out.

I still get the SMS verification can then once entered the error in red saying “Oops! an error has occurred. Try again.”
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you ever successfully logged in to the Arlo app on this device before? Have you added the 13 pro as a trusted device yet?  

Shaminda
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Shayne,

Thanks for your support. No I wasn't able to login using the new iPhone. The SMS was never verified. After you suggested I have tried to login using the web (my.arlo.com) As soon as I type-in username and password, I can see an error prompt saying "The request timed out" in amber. Even trying another verification method such as email gives me the same error.

Could it be something to do with my account. Please note that I didn't have any issues with my previous iphone 12.

Thanks,

Shaminda.

Shaminda
Tutor
Tutor

Anyone who can assist on this? So far I am still unable to login.

1. Is it possible to disable two factor authentication on my account? (I am currently unable to login)

2. Will hard-reseting my Arlo base station and registering as a new user work? (Guess I won't be able to login using my usual registered email address)

Shaminda
Tutor
Tutor

FINALLY!! Got the app to work!

For future reference.

Arlo App somehow authenticates user IP/Location. I am located in Sri Lanka and my local phone number was receiving the verification code fine. However it looks like the App doesn't like the fact that I am based outside USA. !!!

All I had to do was login via a VPN.. 🙂 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update.

SCMario
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can’t login anymore from the app on three different devices.  I get the message, "Oops. An error has occurred. Try again".  I was able to reset the password online, but still get the same error message when trying to logon.  I reinstalled the app but the same error message appears.  TIA for any help you can provide.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SCMario

Are you still experiencing this issue?