Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Location of Arlo Base Station & Arlo Cameras on other side of house. Need to buy another Base?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ekeenan81
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone,

I have been reading through the comments in the community. I think the answer to my question here is I have to buy another base station, but wanted to confirm with everyone.

I have Fios and I have the latest G3100 routers... Wifi signal around the whole house is great.

I have the Arlo base station on one side of the house, and I noticed my driveway all of a sudden is now showing a signal strength of 1 red bar... however it is right outside my garage where I have the FiOS router... it is just on the out side of the house with the Arlo base station.

Overall wifi signal strength should be excellent... in this case is the answer simply to get another base station for the other side of the house?

Thanks

Ed

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, the only true way to expand area coverage is with multi bases ( you can have multi bases with any account , no charge )

Second, If it is just the camera near the router, it could be interference... try and temp move the router as far as you cable will allow and/or the same with the base... Or you could temp move the camera to see if the signal level changes.

BTW, the wifi signal from your home router doesn't matter as the Base makes it's own wifi network for the cameras only ( and they will not connect to home wifi )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ekeenan81
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Tom - much appreciated!