Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live view takes like 15-20 seconds

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Why does it take so long to get the live view to work it takes like 15-20 seconds and then buffering buffering.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

OK well done.

I just tested this side.

I have Arlo Pro, Arlo and Arlo Q.

The Arlo and Arlo Pro go via the base, the Q is direct to our wifi.

In all instances time to live is about 5-7 seconds, appears faster when using my Android app. than when using the PC interface.

My internet speed is also about 45mbps.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Is this on all cameras or just one?

What is the signal strength at that camera?

As a test, try and move it closer to the base and see if the problem continues.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
All three cameras the thing is I didn't change anything I have 3 bars on two cameras and two bars on one camera and ever since yesterday very slow to connect on a lot of buffering
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Have you run a speedtest to make sure that your internet is running at the speeds that it should?

Have you tried liveview on a different device, eg. a computer vs an app?

Also, try and power cycle the base,

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I ran a speed test my speed is over 50 up and down this problem happens on my iPad as well as my Android phone
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Open a browser session on your computer and login here

https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

try liveview there, failing that , restart the base.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I tried it on my desktop PC same result I rebooted the Box same result I relocated the Box 3 times at different locations in the house same results. Two of my cameras are down to about 30% so I'm charging them up the other one is at 100%. The results have been the same slow to connect and a lot of buffering I now have 3 bars on all 3 of my cameras. So I'm charging the other two cameras up see if anything changes
Streak2
Master Master
Master

OK. While you have the cameras down for charging, open the battery doors for a minute or so and then close again.

This will reset the cameras.

Last step if all of this does not work, is to us the app. to remove the cameras from the base and then resync. Try with one first to see if it towrk and then do the others.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
How about I skip that step and resync all three cameras if you think that would be better
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Sure you could do that but I would factory reset the base first and then resync the cameras. This will delete any special rules that you have.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-def...

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Well I resync the cameras but I didn't do a factory reset I didn't think of that and I have had no success to speak of
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Okay I would like to say thank you very much for your help I did reset the base station resync my cameras and had some success it's a little better. I don't know why it take so long to connect all the time I have a Samsung SmartCam which connects in about 5 Seconds I don't know why Arlo take so long maybe future updates will improve things
Streak2
Master Master
Master

OK well done.

I just tested this side.

I have Arlo Pro, Arlo and Arlo Q.

The Arlo and Arlo Pro go via the base, the Q is direct to our wifi.

In all instances time to live is about 5-7 seconds, appears faster when using my Android app. than when using the PC interface.

My internet speed is also about 45mbps.