Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
Ridflea
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought an Arlo pro 3 camera set today and it is freezing on my xs max. It looks like this is not the first time the app has had issues according to this thread. I am returning the cameras tomorrow. I feel like I dodged a bullet!
duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Since the latest update I’m also not getting every notification, sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t, there are camera recordings there I’ve not been notified about!!! Happening on iOS as well as android.
Both apps are borked!
Chrisquez
Initiate
Initiate
when a go to live mode it freeze for over a minute and the iphone reboot itself

this just started to happen with the new update from a few day ago...

Chrisquez
Initiate
Initiate
Same here!

We need a solution asap!

System is useless now!
CEJ
Initiate
Initiate
I have used the Arlo Pro camera system for about a year with my iPhone X. I upgraded to the XS MAX and with the update it worked, but the recent update freezes feed, only audio and causes my phone to restart. Very disappointed that netgear would roll out an update with this issue.

Also, I hate the update....Please show the battery life on the camera display view so I don’t have to go to device settings. Not really sure what we gained with this update because it always freezes...

PLEASE FIX ASAP!
James_Leeder
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo iOS app freezes if U try to live view a camera feed. 256 Gb iPhone fully up to date IOS 12.1 nothing else launched. iPhone 7 Wirks f
tbag83
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here - iPhone XS MAX. IOS version 12.1 / Arlo App version 2.6.2 (updated November 24th). 

Running anything live bricks my phone. Completely freezes my OS. Contacted Arlo via FB - no response. Would be great to get some kind of resolve especially for people who are 'paying' for this service!

Smiley Mad

James_Leeder
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo app v slow running & freezes iPhone XS Max if live view selected. Fully up to date IOS 12.1 connected over wi-fi to same router as Arlo. App works on iPhone 7 . Tried rebooting base station, deleting arlo app, restarting iPhone & reinstalling app. No improvement
tbag83
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think it's safe to say there is NO fix for this no matter what you try. I think the only way around this is for the team to roll back the update and fix whatever isn't working. Surely that can not be that hard!

Granting
Star
Star
Yes their lack of response to this now overwhelming backlash is breathtaking. All we can do is wait for a fix and make sure we don’t waste our money on netgear or Arlo again.
Donnal864
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I have Restarted my phone, charged my phone fully, reset my Arlo system, recharged all of my cameras, deleted the app and then re-installed it, and nothing has worked. All using iPhone XM. This is crazy! If an emergency arises, I can’t even view the live feed and respond in anyway!! This needs to be fixed!
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Jonjonajamieson wrote:
iPhone X 12.1,
App only updated on the 22nd Nov, I think it was. It’s the last available update.

Dont get me wrong, when I press it. It does go to the app- but does nothing. It no longer Arms or Disarms the cameras.

Got it.  It has always been useless functionality for me because I have multiple systems on the same account.  It only works if the user wants all device security domains to operate identically.  But I agree it should work for those for whom it is well suited.

Kregs
Guide
Guide
Same issue here with my iPhone Xs Max and prior gen iPhone X. Love getting an alert someone is at our door but can’t tell whom or why.
Kregs
Guide
Guide
Quick update. I just installed iOS Beta 12.1.1 public beta 3 and I am able to use my app properly at the moment.

Full disclosure I normally partake in the beta programs from apple but did not this round. They are public betas so they are generally more stable than non public. However you could trigger other apps sometimes responding unkindly.

Here is the link as it’s free.

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/
Hammer68
Guide
Guide

I also updated to 12.1.1 public beta 3 and am now able to use the Arlo app without crashing. 

jnselder
Tutor
Tutor

Mines doing the same thing. They need to fix this problem quickly 

Dues711
Aspirant
Aspirant
New iOS app update freezes then crashes! Can’t watch cameras live, they freeze then crash! Why did you mess with a good thing!
Kregs
Guide
Guide
Hate to say it. Why wait for them. At this point it’s been days and it might be several more. If your on an iPhone try the beta you can always uninstall the beta profile and restore to 12.1 non-beta.
jrp0515
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone have any idea if they are working on fixing the app issues created with the latest 11/21/18 update?  Unable to get notifications and the app won't open.  This is highly disappointing and truly makes the equipment of no use.  This is totally unacceptable to the many people that have purchased this product with the understanding that there would be no monthly fees.  

hugo-wolff
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hi jrp!

A lot of people in this community have the same problem as you, and there is not a solution yet. Read the other threads on the update (maybe with the Google translator, as I write this post).

An official explanation does not exist yet, the moderator has reported the problem but the technology. We need patience.

Greetings from
Hugo

kgwiebe1
Aspirant
Aspirant
My system has been running great. Yesterday I had an alert from driveway cam on my phone as normal but when I opened it and tapped on the live camera view it just froze, but I could here the sound. I tried to tap the stop button in the middle of the screen but nothing happened, it was just froze. Here’s the weird thing, everything was frozen, even when I tried to turn my phone off it wouldn’t work.(attached a screenshot picture) Then a minute later the phone turned off and back on. It was like a big delay. Tried rebooting and resyncing the base station to the cams but same problem. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks
Guinness835
Star
Star

This has now been affecting me and my iPhone 10S Max. Whenever I launch the app and attempt to look at a camera, the app completely locks up my phone and won't allow me to do anything with it. This usually lasts a minute or two before it closes the app. One time yesterday, it froze my phone for a good 5 minutes and I could'nt force close it or reboot my phone until the Arlo app finally closed. 

Arlo, first was the iPad app problem that took you forever to fix and now this much more severe issue with the iPhone app. How can I even use my cameras when I can't even pull them up on the app? This is becoming extremely frustrating and is causing many people to lose faith in your product. You guys need to come up with a fix ASAP!!! I cannot wait weeks like the iPad app issue when this new issue locks phones up, rendering the cameras useless.

ffejnosliw
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue ever since I updated the app on my phone last week. It makes the whole system unusable. Very disappointing.
jcanta3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Let me guess, you have the iPhone XS Max? I am having the same issue and apparently its a phone issue for the XS Max users as this issue doesn't occur on other iphone models, to my knowledge.  If you logon through your laptop you will see the feed works as it should without any issues.  

So for now, it would seem it there needs to be a fix for the iphone Max.  I would suggest making some noise and opening a ticket with Arlo/Netgear so they push to get this resolved, because it is so frustrating that we are unable to monitor live feeds from our phone, which is the primary reason i bought this system.

ffejnosliw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep, I have an IPhone XS Max. Tried to live chat with someone but that doesn’t seem to work on my phone either. Guess I’ll have to use my desktop to get anything done.