Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
Granting
Star
Star
No, I just treat others the way I would want to be treated myself. Do you think that having a tantrum and abusing someone will solve the problem? Might make you feel good for a micro second but then what. These are just people doing their job. Anger is a wasted emotion. Help them do their job better with constructive feedback in a dignified way.
matt_frank
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue on my iPhone.  Try to view a livestream of a camera, and the app hangs and a hard reboot is needed, since whatever the Arlo app is doing kills the touchscreen commands.  

tinyvaldemar
Star
Star

Agreed. No need to be aggressive.

however, Arlos lack of response can be used as a showcase for bad customer experience 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Jonjonajamieson wrote:
Oh I wanna add, the 3D Touch on the newer iPhones- guess what - yep you guessed it with the latest update that’s stopped working too.

You used to be able to press the app icon and Arm or Disarm your cameras now when u press either it just takes you to the app and does NOTHING!!!

Seriously do Netgear not test anything?!?!

What specific devices are you using?  iOS versions? App version?  3D Touch works for me on my iPhone XS running iOS 12.1.

luciferlu
Initiate
Initiate

I have same issue. And the home screen is not updated, except go to library and change back.

ttbehnke
Tutor
Tutor
So frustrating!
ttbehnke
Tutor
Tutor
Still not fixed?!! Anyone working at Arlo support?
ttbehnke
Tutor
Tutor
Where is the support team? Ugh! This problem needs to be addressed and fixed.
Kep121143
Initiate
Initiate

@Lassiiboiii wrote:
Iphone xs max.. same! Fix it 😮

Kd333
Initiate
Initiate

Good afternoon, 

For those of you who say they cannot contact support, if you continue to click support on this site you will arrive at a customer service number. They answered on the second ring and were very helpful. 

My iPhone XS Max has been freezing since arlo updated the app a few days ago. My cameras are also inaccessible but the audio works. Support said you can access your cameras via computer and they are working on an update for the arlo iOS app. 

Hopefully, it’s soon. 

KD333

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

There are many threads on this topic here.  Please read a few from some start to finish.  It certainly appears that Live View is badly broken on the iPhone XS Max.  There is no fix yet, but there are some workarounds.  Be sure to log a case with Arlo Support.

FrankAC54
Tutor
Tutor
Same here, I have the iPhone 10 xs Max and when I try to view the cameras live, it freezes and clicks me out. Please fix.
AllanKittel
Initiate
Initiate

Having same problem with my wife's iPhone XS Max

However my owne XS Max is not experiecing this issue.  Weird - same phone but affecting her phone.

She is mad  that she can't view cameras without hard crashing her phone.

As a safety issue we need tihs fixed ASAP as we have vandals threatening our property at the moment.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

When trying to stream live video from any of my 6 Arlo Pro 2 cameras on my iPhone I get sound but no picture. The app seems to freeze (iphone is frozen) and after about a minute the app closes and phone unfreezes. It is an Iphone 10S Max and using the latest Arlo app (V 2.6.2). The Iphone is running the latest IOS software - IOS 12.1). On my Ipad, I have no issues running the Arlo app -  live streaming works fine and gives up both video and sound. Also, all of my cameras have the latest software update. Any ideas on what's going on?

Mike

jhowieii
Initiate
Initiate

Live view freezing phone for up to a minute.  iPhone unresponsive to any hard reset/boot options.
Locks on wifi and celluar (LTE) on AT&T network.
Deleted app, rebooted iPhone, re-installed 2.6.2 and still locking up

S18
Tutor
Tutor
Yeah my Xs max is locked. Now I’m delete Arlo app and wait wants to refund the system but is too late. . Any way still working on windows and Mac
Hurtpddk
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same problems locks my phone
cledawg1
Guide
Guide

Same problem here.  It does not work on my iPhone Xs Max but works on other family member's iPhone X.  WTF?

cledawg1
Guide
Guide

I can hear audio but app freezes (bricks) my iPhone Xs Max.

poweri00
Aspirant
Aspirant
I disagree. The ‘system’ consists of hardware, firmware and software coupled with the verification and validation a competent firm will impose. The value of the ‘system’ is only as good as the value added sustains support from Nutgear.
metallic2
Initiate
Initiate
Any new news on iPhone max freezes up trued every thing locks up whole phone for over a minute
VatoGrande
Initiate
Initiate
Sounds like a clue... What version of IOS are you running? (what version of IOS is your wife running? prob different). i am running 12.1 with the xs max and have the issue...
RockstarLd
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue here as soon as the update was done please fix this Arlo. Hard to view my home security when it doesn’t work.
Spuyau
Initiate
Initiate
And just when everything was finally working on my XS Max after the iOS 12.1 release, an update to the Arlo app (2.6.2) breaks things it once again.! Now live view freezes iPhone!!!!!! Extremely frustrating! WTF!!!
iJRambo
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo Baby Issues:
2.6.1 update fixed the live feed issue over WiFi but still had some pixelated live video.
Ok no problem it’s 2018 NETGEAR and I’m using over 100MBps internet speeds and this is not an internet bandwidth issue.
LET FAST FOWARD to 2.6.2 fixes.
NETGEAR stop trying to add improvements without fixing the basics. Live Video, alerts, and recordings. So now with 2.6.2 live video no longer operates at all. Recordings are random and I really don’t know if I believe the alerts are accurate.

IF IT AINT BROKE OR STABLE DONT ADD UPDATES WE DONT NEED.

Been an Arlo Baby owner for over a year now.
-end rant-