Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
benlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I used live view, the microphone button is missing even if I already enabled it in the setting.

Any insights?????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has deployed a fix that should resolve this issue. Users may need to log out and log back in to their iOS app before they will see fix

Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues with the microphone icon when live streaming using the Arlo iOS mobile app.

JamesC

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
cbasty1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes with the last version on App Store, mic button on live view disappear ! Why ?
And on the Android version, mic button is still there but don't work
Redeye33
Initiate
Initiate

Apparently there is a bug and a known issue. I contacted tech support and they're working on a new release to fix it. 

benlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

But yesterday when I set it up, the mic on the live view works well???

Today it disappeared????

ppetit
Aspirant
Aspirant
Where are the 🎤 mics? I paid this extra money to get the ARLO pro am can't speak through the camera?
Please fix the issue
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Read some of the other threads... a new IOS app came out and it was missing... A fixed version should be along asap

Netgear is working on it

It does work fine in the PC or android app so check your system out ( it effected ONLY the new IOS app )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
RickEdmo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here ... No Mic 🎤
ppetit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well unfortunately I have the iphone and use it while i am away. doesnt help when i am traveling an do not have my PC. 😞

also you have to use chrome on the mac in order to access the mic. 

hope they fix the issues.

kokweey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please fix it. Thank you.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Known issue with the last release of iOS app...soon

But the PC and android are not effected

Iseeyou123
Tutor
Tutor
Get it working or refund my money in full
degrote327
Aspirant
Aspirant

No Mic access on arlo app on ios 10. Mic does not show in app. Does work on pc. 

seanJ44
Star
Star
Yes I just found out the same thing. Arlo can you please advise I'm just using my iPhone which I've always used?
seanJ44
Star
Star
I know some folks knock this forum, but it's topics like this that help. I just found out my mic was missing as well and I've looked through the threads and found several discussions about this topic. So it puts me a little at ease to know others are having this issue and the Arlo team is aware and on it
Jeep4x4Rider
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here, glad the Arlo team is actively working a fix.
JohnSmith75
Tutor
Tutor

must be bug, wait for incoming updates.

dadzoid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Me too no push to talk 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There are at least 4 other threads .... the MIC icon was somehow deleted in the latest iOS App release the other day for the PRO camera.

It does not effect the PC usage or Android app.

It will be fixed ASAP... but it may take a week +/-  due to Apple's app process of aproval

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.  

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has deployed a fix that should resolve this issue. Users may need to log out and log back in to their iOS app before they will see fix

Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues with the microphone icon when live streaming using the Arlo iOS mobile app.

JamesC

seanJ44
Star
Star
James, I just checked and still no microphone on the mobile iOS Phone
Dyoung805
Initiate
Initiate
Still no microphone. If it's not back soon I may as well return the system cause this just seems like a view of things to come....
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Users may need to log out and log back in to their iOS app before they will see fix.

JamesC

Ash-Lee
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have logged in and out of my app and still do not see the microphone option back... am I doing something wrong??
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

you may need to delete the App and re-download it... it worked for me..