Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lifetime Cloud Storage Subscription Stopped Working

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NewMC
Follower
Follower

My first Arlo devices were purchased as a pack of three cameras and a base station.   This was bought from Costco, and came with lifetime cloud storage of 7 days worth of recordings for each camera.

I recently added three more cameras to my account,  but at a different property.   These new cameras came with an Arlo Secure trial subscription.   Now that the trial has expired my original cameras no longer have any recordings stored on Arlo's cloud.

Since my account no longer has any type of subscription associated with it I can't even access chat support. 

How do I get my original cameras reconnected to my original subscription plan?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NewMC wrote:

My first Arlo devices were purchased as a pack of three cameras and a base station.   This was bought from Costco, and came with lifetime cloud storage of 7 days worth of recordings for each camera.

I recently added three more cameras to my account,  

The 7-day free storage was always limited to accounts that had 5 or fewer unsubscribed cameras (this is not new).

Now you have 6 unsubscribed cameras, so you are over the limit.

The solutions are:

1. remove one camera from the account
  2. get a subscription for at least one of the cameras
  3. use a second account for the one of the properties, and use the "friend" feature to share the cameras.

There is a caveat on (3) - you'll find you need to migrate your current account to the new "Feed" interface in order to get the "friend" feature to work.  It's quite different, and has some limitations - in particular, there are no custom modes.