Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I STILL have a problem resurfacing on one camera-- battery says 25% and symbol is yellow...next minute says 25%, symbol red, and camera stops recording PERIOD like battery is at 0%, even though in Settings it still says 25%. What's up with this? I get the 'Charge Battery' notification and the home screen for that camera is black so I cannot go 'live' with it. Just put a freshly charged battery in it and it still says 25% and home screen is black with the notification. Removed and re-added it 3 times this week.

4 REPLIES 4
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I forgot to mention---it IS recording as normal now with changed battery in it.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Does anyone know what the problem is?  It was recording even though it was doing what I posted in first post. 

I can't be the only one having problems. Should not have to haul it in the house and reset all the time.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

OK>>>why do I still get nonsense happening like the last 6 hrs...Got onto site...every camera says decent range of battery still left...sign in 3 hours later- one of the cameras quit recording at 10 am...battery reads 72% and in use sign is yellow......Sign on at 12:45- absolutely no recordings on that camera, still yellow, battery at 72%...plugged camera into charge cord  just to see---AHA! Battery goes to 1% , charging...and camera is recording as normal...

This battery read thing has got to stop!!!...been happening randomly to some of our other cameras...either this method or above stated way.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

When is Arlo going to fix the lag in status of battery power? For 2 months now we have had false readings on site of our batteries. We can have them plugged in charging and it still says to charge battery, and the charging symbol is not on (even if in Settings it says battery at 100% or charging). Home screen for that camera will say camera battery too low.. plug it in.. and screen will be black so no access to 'Live' viewing). Then half a day later or next day will read correctly. Also displays the charging symbol for hours/day after unplugging the camera. Sometimes all on home screen and in Settings are same and sometimes they give different readings. 

We have tried shutting off cameras before changing or charging batteries, tried re-sync, tried remove/add, but nothing seemes to consistently work. 

What's up?!