Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

LED condition which is not documented in chart in arlo_pro_um on page 10

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
wslayton
Follower
Follower

My camera has been mounted outdoors in Atlanta, GA for over a year and has been working well attached to the Arlo Solar Panel. But recently the battery died. Wanting to get it charged quickly, I brought the camera with me to work today (33 miles from home, and from the base station).

When I plug the camera into the charger, then push the button on the top-front of the camera, the blue LED will flash rapidly for exactly 2 minutes 5 seconds then go off. You may want to put that condition in your arlo_pro_um page 10 chart (attached). But I'd like to know what it means?

Thanks,

wslayton

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @wslayton

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wslayton wrote:

I brought the camera with me to work today (33 miles from home, and from the base station).

When I plug the camera into the charger, then push the button on the top-front of the camera, the blue LED will flash rapidly for exactly 2 minutes 5 seconds then go off.  But I'd like to know what it means?

When you push the sync button on top of the camera, the camera attempts to sync with the base station.  That will fail - the desired base is out of range, and adding the camera to a different base would require some other steps.  There is no reason to push sync if you are only trying to recharge.

However, it is odd that it is flashing for so long.  It should be flashing for just a few seconds (confirming that it is charging).  Are you seeing this with the same charger and other cameras?