Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issues streaming video from desktop PC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Kil51
Star
Star

Have to say........overall, I'm satisfied with Arlo, however, trying to stream or manage anything from our desk top is pointless. Base station and both cameras shows no connectivity. So, I run upstairs to the base station (Ethernet connected to a Nighthawk) that is lit green across the base. Run back downstairs to the desk top that shows no connectivity. Jump on the IPad and everything is connected and performing flawlessly. Ask my wife to check via IPhone app and all is good. Desk top......useless. 

I've researched this same problem and maybe the Flashplayer needs updating or the firewalls are blocking? I don't know and honestly haven't had a chance to reach out to Netgear. Probably a simple fix (I hope). Again, we like the system and it does exactly what it says it will do. I've read a lot of negative reviews and have to be honest, good system. If you follow Netgear's instructions you'll be fine. Then again, I did and the desk top isn't working. I'm referring to motion detection regarding camera placement and lag, etc. When the desk top issue is fixed.......I'm going to be super satisfied. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kil51
Star
Star

Latest update - Opened my account on desk top with our current browser (Microsoft Edge) and experienced the same issues as outlined above. Took the gentleman's advice and opened with Internet Explorer and.......works flawlessly. Kept opening in both, Edge failed every time to load live stream when it didn't give the 'disconnected from the internet' prompt. Internet Explorer saw none of the aforementioned.

Maybe this fix is common knowledge for technically inclined people (I know enough, I can read and able to put ego aside to listen to folks who know), but not me. Anyway, thank you and maybe this helps someone with the same skill set.....err......same hole in their swing. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The web site us usually the one that works the best. What computer, OS and browser? Have you tried a different browser? Firefox with Flash added or Chrome which comes with built-in Flash are good ones to try.

Kil51
Star
Star

Windows 10 and Edge14. I'll try a different browser. Thank you for the suggestion. 

Streak2
Master Master
Master

I have tested and it does work with Edge. 

What you could also try while in Edge is to click the 3 horizontal dots in the top right hand corner and then select Open with Internet Explorer.

Note this will only work once you have a site open in Edge.

Some CCTV apps other than this won't work in Edge.

Kil51
Star
Star

Latest update - Opened my account on desk top with our current browser (Microsoft Edge) and experienced the same issues as outlined above. Took the gentleman's advice and opened with Internet Explorer and.......works flawlessly. Kept opening in both, Edge failed every time to load live stream when it didn't give the 'disconnected from the internet' prompt. Internet Explorer saw none of the aforementioned.

Maybe this fix is common knowledge for technically inclined people (I know enough, I can read and able to put ego aside to listen to folks who know), but not me. Anyway, thank you and maybe this helps someone with the same skill set.....err......same hole in their swing. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Why not use Chrome or Firefox?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

I'm pleased the internet explorer trick worked for you.

If it's really important for you to get it working in Edge you may want to try and reset Edge, many articles online about how to do this.

My version of Edge is 

Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0

Microsoft EdgeHTML 14.14393

and as mentioned it works fine. Must be some local browser setting your side.