Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Is there away to add 2 Arlo Pro base stations to one account?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bheyde
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo Pro base with 5 cameras (2 Arlo Pro2's and 3 Alro Pro's).  I recently obtained another Arlo Pro base station, 2 Arlo Pro cameras and a Arlo Baby camera.  Seeing as you can only have 5 cameras on a system for free (with no subscription), is there away to add 2 Arlo Pro base stations to one account?

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The five cameras limit relates to the camera model on the account, not the base stations.

Camera models after the pro2 require a subscription to have  the arlo cloud storage but are not limited in quantity.

If you already have two  arlo accounts created from last year you can  have the cameras spread across the two accounts with shared the cameras.

New arlo created accounts force you to a new app version that is location based that limits your pro2 cameras to five cameras per account per location.

Of course you can purchase a multiple camera subscription to have all your cameras cloud storage active on a single account although you will be limited to streaming five cameras at the same time per base station.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

The five cameras limit relates to the camera model on the account, not the base stations.

I believe the actual limit for 7-day storage is no more than 5 unsubscribed cameras per account (no matter what model).  Plus it is only available for the legacy cameas.

For example, if you had 2 unsubscribed Ultra cameras (using direct access to local storage) and 4 unsubsribed Pro 2 cameras in the same account, I believe you will find that you don't get the 7-day coud storage for the Pro 2s.