Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is there a way to have multiple users log in at the same time to view live feeds?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
js9ball
Follower
Follower

Is there a way to have multiple users log in at the same time to view live feeds?

When I log in to view an alert then my daughter logs in it kicks me out.

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

js9ball wrote:

James

Under SETTINGS use the GRANT ACCESS feature...it allows multi users without knocking each other off...

Also the primary owner can limti acces to cameras and certain levels of usage

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

js9ball wrote:

James

Under SETTINGS use the GRANT ACCESS feature...it allows multi users without knocking each other off...

Also the primary owner can limti acces to cameras and certain levels of usage

Morse is faster than texting!
Anaman36
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does the user that you grant access to use the same login credentials or create their own?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Anaman36,

The user Granted Access creates a new login. See here for instructions: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

keik510
Initiate
Initiate

Today, I installed my base station and my arlo pro cameras and all installation and app connection went very smooth.  Did what the instructions stated and was happy.  Then, I tried to connect wife's phone to the base station and IT WOULD NOT CONNECT AT ALL.  No matter what I did... I couldn't figure it out. I went on this community and all you find is JamesC saying hard reset and all the useless stuff. Couldn't figure it out. Then I started to think... maybe I have to give permission for other accounts to access the base station. Bingo. I just wanted to post this thread so other people would not be so frustrated as I was...

Go to Settings

Grant Access

Click on User

Click Base along with all the Arlo pro cameras outside

After, I logged onto Arlo app from my wife's phone and Boom there everything was. How annoying this whole thing was. 

You know? Geofencing too. All the people who have problems with geofencing not working as it should. 

I bought 2 Arlo Q's from Costco and I set it up.  Set up Geofencing on main account (my phone).  Then I realized it's pinging the hell out of my phone when my wife was home and I wasn't.  Set up Geofencing on my wife's phone as well. But then when I go to work ... and she stays home.. it doesnt work correctly. I looked up the community and again, no help. 

So I realized... that just because you set up geofencing on another phone DOES NOT WORK. You have to ENABLE from your MAIN account to make it work right. UGH. Annoying. 

From your main account...

Go to Geofencing on the camera (note you have to do this with each one you want geofenced). 

Go to Enabled Devices 

Click account(s)

Boom. After this, everything started working correctly. I should get paid for this.  I only decided to post this because all my friends who own Arlo's were like WTF SMH after I told them what needed to be done. They just accepted that it wasn't going to work and just left it. I was about to return this set up cuz I was getting so pissed. Anyway, hope this helps people.