Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is it possible to have Arlo Pro show a snap/screen of what it is recording on motion?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DuncanYB
Star
Star

Right now when motion is detected I need to go live to see what it is. The "snap" that is added to the "devices" view is only added after the recording ended it seems? Would be good if it would add a snap/screen of what was detected at the time of the trigger instantly. Instead of waiting for the recording to be finished, as by that time it is too late typically.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DuncanYB,

The snapshot on the devices screen does update after the recording is completed. Currently, there isn't a way to make this happen quicker.

JamesC

DuncanYB
Star
Star

That is a big miss then @JamesC. I need to see if I can return the system. Two major gaps:

• Recording stops when you go live
  • Snap of the motion is placed when recording ends

In other words, when an event happens you need to wait until it is over to ensure you have the full recording. Or go live, then manual record, and thus potentially miss the important bits.

Any insights of this will be solved any time soon?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DuncanYB,

I encourage you to make an enhancement request via the Arlo Idea Exchange on this topic. The engineering team periodically reviews the posts there for ideas on new implementations for the Arlo system. If others also feel there is value in the enhancement you suggest, they can offer their support by adding Kudos.

JamesC

DuncanYB
Star
Star

I think various people have done that, but it would be good if you could nudge people internally. These are as I would say "p0" or "mvp" features.