Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is geofencing still in a beta version?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
AntonioG
Guide
Guide

I had my system for a few months now and the geofencing mode still does not work properly, meaning still finds me "in zone" when I'm already not.

Any help will be much appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AntonioG,

For Geofencing to work the app needs to be running. Some devices have settings that automatically close idle applications after a period of time to conserve battery life. If the app is closed, Geofencing will not work.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes, TMK, geozone is still in beta... Most of the issues happen during using more than one phone.

Make sure your gps stays on and you may need to enlarge your geozone. Also the app must not go to sleep

BTW phone? OS ?? it makes a diff.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
AntonioG
Guide
Guide

I saw in another post that expanding the goezone will help, and I did to the max but it didn't. I registered 3 devices, all on android 7.0.

What do you mean by the app must not go to sleep?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AntonioG,

For Geofencing to work the app needs to be running. Some devices have settings that automatically close idle applications after a period of time to conserve battery life. If the app is closed, Geofencing will not work.

JamesC

Addyhash
Apprentice
Apprentice

AntonioG wrote:

I saw in another post that expanding the goezone will help, and I did to the max but it didn't. I registered 3 devices, all on android 7.0.

What do you mean by the app must not go to sleep?

go to settings,  then apps, click on the 3 dots at top right,,  click on configure apps, special access, and then "ignore optimizations"

ive done this for the arlo app, and also for location services.

AntonioG
Guide
Guide
So after 5 days of testing, I changed the settings on the phones like you guys suggested. So far it looks like the problem was solved all the phones are recognized immediately when in zone or out of the zone. All did was to change the way the app is working on the phones.
Thank you so much, I'll keep you posted if any changes.