Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

I'm going after the home integration thing, and have successfully integrated the cameras, Samsung SmartThings and the Amazon Echo voice control.  Now I'm trying to build use cases and start working through logic.

It would be nice to have the cameras armed for motion while home, for example, and if something triggers motion, I could automatically open a small viewing window on my wireless capable television.  Is this currently possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Addyhash
Apprentice
Apprentice

if you had a android media player hooked up to ur TV,  ( eg : Minix  etc.)  you could log in and look...

my drama is my minix uses the same email account as my phone.  if i log in on the minix,  my phone gets booted out.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

I have a Compute Stick hooked up to an old monitor that I use exclusively for my system.  it would be a nice feature to have the camera with the alert "pop up" or open a window when in alarm.  It is much more convenient to check my phone though......

Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

Sure, looking on the phone is convenient, but if it's 10pm and the front door motion sensor goes off, I'm usually crashed in front of the tube watching the evening news.  Having a popup say "View Front Door"  and pushing Select on my comcast remote would be nice as my screen is a 52" and would provide a much clearer view of what the camera sees compared to the door.  My phone might be in another room.  Just sayin...