Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

India Support Corrupted Scammers

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
cofam
Aspirant
Aspirant

All I needed to do was reset my password...seems easy right??

The “reset password” email link I received form Arlo just took me back to Arlos Main login instead of a screen that said reset your password... so I called customer support at ‭<redacted> ‬... not only did I get hung up on twice because they couldn’t fix the solution and told me I was “doing it wrong”.....the third time I called back and ask for a supervisor because I had been hung up on already they gave me the 888 number four number for Netgear telling me they’re supposed to help me with my password... Netgear was amused and literally said it’s happened before....
the fourth time I called back the woman actually asked me for my credit card telling me it was gonna cost money for her to help me reset my password when I called her out on it being a scammer she also hung up on me.... Seriously is this what everybody’s putting up with to have their Arlo cameras this is the first time I’ve had to call for support ever I really love the cameras but seriously... scammers asked for my credit card number?!?! ....Finally found a number to call for “USA” support and the man was able to fix the issue in under three minutes without asking me for money without hanging up on me and without pushing me off to a net gear customer service line as a f@$@ing joke....But seriously considering a different camera system after this experience.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cofam wrote:

so I called customer support at ‭<redacted>

You didn't call Arlo support - you googled and found a scam support site, (and then called their number). 

You can reach Arlo support from here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

@cofam wrote:

Netgear telling me they’re supposed to help me with my password... Netgear was amused and literally said it’s happened before....

FWIW, Arlo is not part of Netgear anymore (and I don't think you'd reached Netgear support either).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @cofam

We're sorry to hear you had a bad experience with online scams. Please use the following link to contact Arlo Customer Support in the future. Arlo Tech Support

If you have any further questions, we would be glad to assist you.

cofam
Aspirant
Aspirant
I would hardly think that trying to SCAM ME out of my credit card number in order reset a password is a bad experience I should file a police report against you people
cofam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Actually it was Arlo they’ve confirmed it and yes Netgear is supporting ARLO if you didn’t know that the router service company don’t be so ignorant assume I didn’t know what numbers I was calling
cofam
Aspirant
Aspirant

A supervisor from Arlo has already been in contact with me confirming that yes I did call Arlo The Indian support team does send people to Netgear!!! They say it’s a issue recently and they are working on fixing it.
I did not simply Google Arlo and be and call some random number... The same number is actually listed on Arlos website when you click next to the “which country do you want to call for” your support link...
Do some research before you insult people.

Also included for your education or some press releases a couple years ago from net gear announcing their latest Arlo product and yes net gear supports and works with Arlo just call them and education on how they’re related.

Chess01
Guide
Guide

Netgear did spin Arlo off with an IPO in 2018, kind of the reason we had to download the new Arlo app.
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/02/06/1333950/0/en/NETGEAR-Announces-Planned-Separat...