Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

If I buy an arlo pro in eBay US can I use it here in New Zealand perfectly?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
giodiamond
Follower
Follower

Hi everyone, arlo pro here in New Zealand is so steep when it comes to prices. So I've been looking in eBay US and I'm planning to buy one. Would it work properly like the ones that the stores are selling it in here? Please help! Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes but you'd need a travel adapter for the power adapter.
One thing to bear in mind is that if you buy from the US, your ability to have any technical faults rectified is more difficult (return to purchase place at your own cost) and the warranty is only 12 months whereas it's 24 months here in NZ.
I bought my Arlo kit from Noel Leeming and have returned/exchanged 3 faulty cameras for new ones in the 14 months I've owned it. 
But you're right. The price we're asked to pay is ridiculous. I'm hoping for sales to give reasonable discounts for Queen's Birthday but wouldn't be surprised if there were only extended credit deals offered. 
Additionally, a number of Pro cameras seem to be affected with pixelation and ghosting, so having local support seems a highly recommendable idea

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also note that eBay purchases are very likely not from an authorized seller so the warranty would be void anyways.