Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IR LED Reflection in Window Despite Setting Being OFF

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gumlung
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just relocated my Arlo Pro behind a window. The Night/IR setting is OFF. For the first week, it work well- no LED reflections. This morning, when I checked the camera through the app. I see LED reflections from the camera.

I checked the settings- IR is OFF
I toggled IR ON/OFF - No change
I powered Arlo OFF/ON - Same

I cannot see the faint glow of the IR LEDs when looking directly at the face of the camera but the reflective glow remains when viewing from the app.

I searched the forums but did not get any hits that covered my situation. Any suggestions or even better, solutions would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, the Pro will not detect motion thru glass as the glass blocks most IR...

Second, As you did , make sure the IR is off, and then I would reset the camera by pulling battery and replace same.

If it still continues to do same, I would use remove device and then bring it back to rebuild the setting of camera in the base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Gumlung
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tom,
Thank you for your response.

Interesting development. After removing the battery pack and reinstalling, I noticed the glare from the IR LEDs were no longer visible. Yippee!
After reconnecting the camera to an AC power source, I saw that the LEDs were reflecting off the the window again. No yippee...
For the heck of it, I disconnected the AC power source and checked the monitor again and sure enough, no visible LED reflections. Back in yippee mode... mostly.

I repeated this two more times with the same results. AC power activates the LEDs and battery power does not. I confirmed settings for Video|Night Vision as being OFF in both AC & Battery mode.
Any idea why this is?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Honestly, I have no answer.... it shouldn't.

But, it may have something to do with when the camera is plugged in, it's always recording ( hence the 3 sec look back feature )

Or it may just be leakage.... do you have another cam to test on ??

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a PS... did you remove the camera and bring it back as new ?