Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT and Arlo - new Applett

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
der_mirko
Follower
Follower

Hallo Community

I try to create an new Applet in ifttt.com with thr Arlo-Service. This service is conntected with the credentiials from Arlo andthe status is "active". Then i will create an new Applet by pushing "My Applets" - "Nes Applet". Then i follow the steps and when i select Arlo -> Arm -> Device then only "Loading..." is there. I can't finish this Step.

I need Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix was released late last week that has resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing an issue Arlo IFTTT applets.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience and understanding while we worked through this issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

der_mirko,

Several users have reported this issue when attempting to create new IFTTT Applets. This issue has been escalated to engineering and is currently being investigated. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Borae
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do have same. try reconnect applet. but it's not helping. I am able to live cams from apps & web. 

Still have "Request failed: not found (404)"

Borae
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just create new applet from one of pre-build. I tried on 'Add an iOS Reminder when Arlo reports low battery level'.

It shows my camera list correctly. and I am able to select my cam to setup. and it successfully created. 

However I just create my own applet ('if my phone connect google wifi, arlo disarm') and it failed to update cam list. and error code 404.  

========== 

UPDATE

: when I select 'arlo' as the trigger, so  3 options ('motions', 'low battery', 'sound') is available with all my cameras. and I can create a new applet if the responder isn't arlo.

but when I select 'arlo' as the responder, all 3 optons are not available.( 'arm', 'disarm', 'start recording'). so there is issue with responding procedure. it kept fail to load my camera list.

Borae
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bottom line:

we can not use actions from IFTTT anymore.

I bought my arlo from last week. So I can have free tech support. I've been talk with them for an hour. the conclusion is there is security conflict between IFTTT and ARLO. So Arlo won't allow IFTTT use actions such as arm/disarm/start recording. I have to use smart thing or other options to actions.

I don't understand this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Borae,

Several users have reported this issue when attempting to create new IFTTT Applets. This issue has been escalated to engineering and is currently being investigated. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Boante
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem to create a new applet. Any updates regarding this.

thanks in advance.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This is a bit insane. I have read elsewhere in the community that this has been going on since last September with a push firmware update. I have several things on IFTTT in various modes and schedules and now after buying Arlo Pro with four cameras I need to use Stringify for combinations using Arlo. I too cannot get IFTTT to load the Arlo devices. The set up ends with a "loading ... " loop that goes on forever. I am very happy with my Arlo except for this. Stringify is nice enough, but is not IFTTT and I would rather use just one integration tool.

Dr_Acme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. I used Arlo and IFTTT all the time. Can you guys please provide an update on this. None of the applets that do email integration to arm/disarm arlo are working for me.

MaxTina
Initiate
Initiate
Dear Arlo Team,

the above mentioned also applies for me. Pleass take care Abort your customers voices and go ahead to fix the IFTTT Action issue asap!
Why is Stringify able to start recording of arlos and IFTTT not?
So for me that means there is a solution available.
Please fix this high priority action item and make sure your product is doing what you promised to the customers--> full IFTTT functionality!

Best regards,
Max
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix was released late last week that has resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing an issue Arlo IFTTT applets.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience and understanding while we worked through this issue.

JamesC