Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Alanroger
Tutor
Tutor
Want to use google Assistant to arm/disarm arlo.
Got attached error screen when trying to enable the arlo applets on IOS. Anyone has this experience?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix was released late last week that has resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing an issue Arlo IFTTT applets.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience and understanding while we worked through this issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alanroger,

The engineering team is currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Alanroger
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks looking forward to hear from you soon

wagon33
Initiate
Initiate

JamesC wrote:

Alanroger,

The engineering team is currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Can you give us a more detailed explanation other than your software engineers are working on it? This has been an ongoing issue since September. Why is this a difficult problem to fix? I want to use IFTTT for geofencing since the in-app geofence has been problematic since it first rolled out. My devices are constantly displayed as 'unavailable' when evey other location based app can find my phones with no problem.

The Arlo hardware is fantastic and why I decided to invest in the setup. Had I known the software engineering side would be so unreliable, I would have thought twice about the purchase.

Apprentice
Apprentice

NG agent James C giving the standard BS answer again. Sep to Jan is about 3 months going onto 4. Does it really take this long to resolve the problem and are the complaints being disregared and you then tell people too bad you are out of warranty? Is NG really incompetent? Because when you take this long to resolve a problem it surely implies either incompenence or worse case indifferent to what consumers are telling you. 

thorstenstud
Initiate
Initiate

I created two IFTTT applets for my Arlo, one to arm all my cams on sunset and one to disarm cams on sunrise. These two applets are not working anymore for about two months. When I turn on applets there is an error message „Request failed: not found (404)“.

It used to work quite smoothly but not anymore

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

For what it's worth, all my IFTT triggers with arlo are working as expected.  I wish they would add the ability to select a mode thru IFTT but I'm content with what I have for now. Sorry others are having trouble.   Just for kicks and giggles, did you try creating a brand new IFTT account and then try re-linking the arlo "applet"? 

thorstenstud
Initiate
Initiate
no, I haven‘t tried a new account. I switched to Stringify and this works just perfect with Arlo. No more IFTTT
Alanroger
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the info, I gave up and switched to Stringify and works. 

Tuan82
Tutor
Tutor
I have same issue. I want to use IFTTT to “when Ring doorbell pressed, arlo pro camera (at Gate) record video”. But there is a message “Request failed: not found (404)”.

Hope this issue solved soon.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix was released late last week that has resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing an issue Arlo IFTTT applets.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience and understanding while we worked through this issue.

JamesC

Tuan82
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, it had been fixed. Thanks!