Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have an Arlo pro, Single camera set up for now. The app says it's off-line

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Overtimeranch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everything else seems to be working and I even got some pictures from it but it won't stay online to keep monitoring. And is there a way to turn the camera on to record 24 hours a day ?
6 REPLIES 6
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

If the Camera is set to "Armed" the camera is "ON" and is in Motion detection mode. Once Motion is detected, the camera fires up and recording begins. Currently  there is no way for the camera to record 24 hours a day like a traditional security camera since it is battery powered.  Its a balancing act,  You can leave your camera in "ARMED MODE" but the more recodings you have the sooner you will have to recharge the battery.

Overtimeranch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Roger that on the balancing act on battery life. I do understand that but there should be an option for longer and on demand recording. Where do I fined the "armed mode" at? I might not be finding all of my screens.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
All modes are found in the Mode tab. Armed is just the default to get you going any to use for troubleshooting. Creating your own custom modes is highly recommended. There are FAQs here that step you through the process.

Longer recording times and any other settings are in your modes and rules. On demand is provided by using live view and manually recording from the icon provided there.
Overtimeranch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you very much I'll work on that side of it.
Overtimeranch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well I'm still having no luck. There aren't any of the things I should be finding in my arlo app to allow me to do anything with it. So I can't change anything. Could I have the wrong app or a bad one?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Did you read the FAQs on this? It's not hard. Use the Mode tab and click on your base. All modes are in there. Check out the Armed mode and create your own custom modes to have complete control.