Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

I have Arlo Pro Indoor/Outdoor HD Wire Free Security Camera System with 4 cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TFEL
Aspirant
Aspirant

re: Arlo Pro Indoor/Outdoor HD Wire Free Security Camera System with 4 cameras.

These cameras have worked well with the exception of any camera that is located at the entrance to my garage.   The camera that is at my garage will not come on line unless I bring it into the house near the router.  I bought a WiFi extender/booster which has not solved the problem.  I have switched the positions of all of my cameras and they all work except for the one at the garage location.  It is not that far from the base.  My house is 2000 square feet so the distance is not that great.  This is a recent occurrence and I cannot find a solution.  I do not need new cameras since they all work.  The one at the garage is always off line.  I have removed the device and re-synced but that did not help.  I would appreciate any help with this problem.  Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TFEL wrote:

I bought a WiFi extender/booster which has not solved the problem.  

It won't help with the Pro, since it connects to a base station, and not your home wifi.

Can you confirm the model of the cameras?  Open the housing and remove the battery - you'll find a label inside.

TFEL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am sorry that I have not responded sooner.  Thank you for your reply.  After a month of being off line, the camera decided to finally work. Since it is working now, I hesitate doing anything that might disrupt it.  If I have a problem again, I will reach out to you.  Thanks again.