Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MP-AUS
Guide
Guide

I got Arlo Pro - harvey norman last week, set it up on friday and placed cameras outside on sat, since afternoon today, they have stopped recording, or picking up sounds or motion. I tried to fix it by resetting the system, removing and adding the cameras, tried different browser. I have no time chasing people as i am busy. What it the return policy. The cameras come busy status once logged in, it this a joke? at this cost I expected better. Not happy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FuzzyWolf
Star
Star

Mine is working again too! Thanks for the update. I think they should update the Arlo system to not be too dependent on the servers imo.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
FuzzyWolf
Star
Star

I'm having the same problem right now. Everytime I use the camera(eg. live view or do recording/picture) or arming it seem to get stuck and then say its busy, and I cant restart it via app. Live view works but no recording or picture in library. Had to restart it manually unplug and plug back in. It seem to get the camera stuck on recording too, when I went outside I can see that the night vision light was on and wasting my battery. I'm assuming its a server problem, but got to say I am dissapointed as this device is bought for security and its not even functioning as intended and what we bought it for. [I'm on the original arlo wire free camera though]

Capture.PNG

MP-AUS
Guide
Guide

Thank you for your response, i tried the same thing, also when i put up the camera they didnt respond well, i had to get pretty close to get the recording going, imagine people using this in cold/ snow and SA heat. Its new in Aus and we need to keep eachother posted. what a stressful process, i am traveling to US soon, imagine this issue then, why the heck would i need this. I will check with Harvery Norman for returning. Product look good physically but dosent work... Aussies beware.

Sexypaulandliz
Initiate
Initiate

Exactly the same problem here in Sydney. It's not a new problem looking at the issues from previous posts. Arlo, aka Netgear has had this problem many times before, looking at the complaints from the USA. Im pretty cheesed off at what a pain in the arse this thing was to set up in the first place. I literally only bought it today and couldnt get the friggen camera to sync at forst until I pulled out the hard drive I had plugged into the USB slot on the docking station. It was recording nicely until a couple of hours ago. Its running intermitantly, sending me notifications as its meant to but not recording anything. The device also creates its own wifi network transmitting around the house, it looks like it conflicts with the wifi network I aleady have connected to my NBN throughout the house. Ive kept the receipt, this piece of **bleep** is going straight back to the store. A complete and utter waste of money.

FuzzyWolf
Star
Star

I bought mine too from HN a little over a month ago, probably too late for me to return. Also seem to be a widespread issue, browsed around this forum and it seem people all over the world are having this problem. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Recording-stopped-wifi-camera-s-motion-is-detected/m-p/1274983

MP-AUS
Guide
Guide

Thank you for your response, with Harvey Norman rude staff hopefully they will take it back. Only reason i need this **bleep** was because we are renting. my live cams arent recording, the option is there bt goes nowhere, I am on NBN also. Please keep us posted everyone, we might have to get ombudsman involved if the company plays dirty, atleast i am not alone with this issue...good night.

MP-AUS
Guide
Guide

HN have to accept it within 2 years as this our Aus policy, its a **bleep** product. I will check with legal aid and post response here...even if it does work now, i dont trust it. mine stopped within 36 hours...shame

MP-AUS
Guide
Guide
Please see this -  If you have a minor problem with a product or service, the business can choose to give you a free repair instead of a replacement or refund. When you have a major problem with a product, you have the right to ask for your choice of a replacement or refund. For a major problem with a service, you can choose to receive compensation for the drop in value below the price paid, or a refund. https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund
Sexypaulandliz
Initiate
Initiate

Wasn't working at all for quite a few hours thus afternoon. It would apear to have been a server issue associated with the Supplier of the Arlo Camera software..... Netgear. System is running correctly now here in sydney. 

FuzzyWolf
Star
Star

Mine is working again too! Thanks for the update. I think they should update the Arlo system to not be too dependent on the servers imo.