Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I can't sync camera

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Smarti010
Aspirant
Aspirant

When did arlo stop giving recording to 5 cameras? It had to be recently.

17 REPLIES 17
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Smarti010 wrote:
When did arlo stop giving recording to 5 cameras? It had to be recently.

The Pro and Pro 2 (along with several other older cameras) still have free 7-day recording for up to 5 unsubscribed cameras.  So that did not change.

The newer cameras (starting with the Ultra in 2018) all require a subscription for cloud recording.

Is your issue with Pro cameras?  Or are you talking about Pro 3/Pro 4s?

Smarti010
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is with the arlo pro I have five all of them stopped recording. After messaging with arlo 3 of them starting giving me recordings the other 2 still won't. Thank you for your response.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Smarti010

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.

dverk1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an old Arlo pro and recently added a camera that is brand new(meaning never used)but is also old as far as years. Yetserday I was able to sync and see both cameras in the app after syncing was done on my base station. Today 1 day later my residence lost power and for some reason the 2nd camera is no longer showing. I have synced it to the base station but my app for some reason is now also trying to sync it and it says it cannot find any devices. Yesterday that was not even an issue it just came right up, why today is the app asking to sync it? I would appreciate any help I can get. I am leery of restarting my router or the base station thinking I may lose my original camera also. I have never had the app ask to sync on my phone or computer before.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dverk1234

Does the camera show up over the web portal on a computer? 

dverk1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

No it does not. Just my 1st camera. The one day it did show and that was it.

Thank you for responding

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you happen to be receiving notifications for the camera? I have seen another issue with a camera that was not listed in the device cards, but it was still recording and sending push notifications. You can try and factory reset the camera by pressing the sync button for 15 seconds, then try and add it back to your account. 

dverk1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

ShayneS

No just that very first day when it was all up and running. I just do not know why the app seems to be looking for the camera or any device for that matter on my phone or desktop. That is something I have never seen before. The day it synced all I did was sync to the base station and it was all good to go. I know the camera works and syncs it just seems as though the app is different since I lost power to the house that day after. At least that is what I assume. I really appreciate you reaching out to help me...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have a screenshot of the error message or info it is showing you?

dverk1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not super tech savvy I tried to send a photo of both but they came up as html and not jpeg not sure how to send it.

System was not able to do so!

I do not know how to convert the photos.

I could email them if you provided an address to email to.

Thank you again.

dverk1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looking for your Arlo device.

Searching for any available Arlo devices. This may take several minutes.

(It has a line circling inside of a circle going around and around)

Then it says

No Arlo devices found. Make sure your device is powered on correctly and you're connected to the network.

(Then it has a large red X inside of a circle) and says TRY AGAIN

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dverk1234

Can you pm me with your admin email used when setting up your Arlo system?

dverk1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry I thought I sent it to you yesterday...

dcfox1
Master
Master

The PM here is the envelope symbol at the top right here.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dverk1234

That email provided appears to be a granted access account, You don't have any devices attached to that email. Can you verify the email with the account admin. Please send via PM so your information is not public. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dverk1234

Thanks, that was the email. I have provided your info to the Dev team so they can look in to this issue you are experiencing. I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

Mesib24
Aspirant
Aspirant
l am having the same issue. I have the arlo pro 2 at 2 houses. Updated internet, now the app cannot find either device. I have searched aimlessly and tried every posible solution. Help!!!!