Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I am using Geofencing and when I return home I get camera alerts

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KenWashington
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am new to Arlo! Setup went great! My problem is that I am using Geofencing and when I return home I get camera alerts. I also get a message that Arlo needs an internet connection. Why is this happening? My phone as of right now is the only one controling Arlo. I have changed the radius from small to large thinking that might help. In the app I do not see any way to reconnect Arlo to my router. Any ideas why this is happening?  

By the way my system is VMS4530

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

check your phone to make sure it's not using some sort of power saving on your app/gps...

Also check the settings for data to wifi swap over.

when some phones switch over from LTE to wifi, the app can stumble.  On my S7, I have to wait till the phone swaps over to wifi  ( shows a notice ) and then there' no issue ( otherwise I have to close and reopen the app )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
KenWashington
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the replies guys! When I arrive home every camera pings an alert! One way I can stop it is to stop my wifi on my phone and restart it. What good is the geofencing radius area if it is not going to turn the system off? Looks to me like the app is not keeping up with where I am at! Maybe my Verizon signal is not the best at my house slowing up the app?