Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
araley
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got my base station to connect last week; this week it stopped storing the video to the library. After trying several things I did a factory reset, now it will not connect to the internet again. I have tried rebooting router, unplugging the base station, removed all devices... nothing is working. This has been the worst purchase I've ever made! Any advice is appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Tell us what the LEDs on the base are showing.

araley
Aspirant
Aspirant

The top light is showing green, the other two are amber.  I brought the base station to work today and plugged it into a port, and it connected.  So its obviously something with my router. Its Netgear AC1000 model R6080- I just bought it 2 weeks ago. When I got the base station online before, I had changed the IP to "static" in the router setup. Last night that didn't make a difference. I called my ISP and they said no ports are blocked.

araley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also it is showing as "connected" in the router and no access is blocked.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I assume you have other wifi devices in your house, so try giving every device a static IP (of course, set a different IP for each device). Then reboot the router and let it hand out all the IP's. See if the base sees the internet now.

I had to set all static IP's in my house because I have smart home devices and using dynamic ip settings was causing some connection issues.

jmci1459
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had similar problem when setting up, but it was not big problem ,I called customer support and they walked me through some details I missed, It took 5 minutes and the system has worked great since. Make sure yjou buy the tynergy rechargeable batteries(amason 12 for $75) , reugular batteries are very expensive. Again if you are haveing problems synching cameras call customer support ,it is an eaasy fix.