Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to reinstall device on phone

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ilse
Follower
Follower
There used to be a feature to turn off your device if there was too much activity in front of it that you’re aware of. It’s been taken off and yesterday I tried to do so from my phone and thought the “remove device” took its place so I did that. Now I’m trying to reinstall them on my phone and I don’t know how to. I’ve tried to “search for the device” and it comes up saying nothing is found. I have 3 cameras. I turned (or removed) 2 of them. Please help.
2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
To disable the camera you need to get into the camera settings page and tap on the device button, first option in the list of settings. I normally do this when I mow the yard, just have to re remember to re enable the camera after.

An alternative method would be to mute push notifications for a fixed period from the main settings page but this does not save camera battery as i end up with hundreds of recordings. Would be great to have this mute the individual camera detection instead.

You can also disable the system from the mode page but you would have to again remember to re arm after the activity. Again having the option to mute the armed mode would be simpler.
If you’re familiar with using custom modes you could setup one that excludes the camera rule which will effectively turn off the camera, or have the rule not recording and or not pushing notifications.

If you have tried a manual resync of the camera’s to the base station and failed, and using the arlo web portal on a pc web browser connected to your local network the you will need to contact arlo support using the mobile app, you do need a subscription to contact them though.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ilse,

When going through the onboarding process on your mobile device, make sure it is connected to the same network as your base station before proceeding. Once you've verified that, start with "Add new device" select the appropriate model and follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC